Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 08:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In order to give that right click, the cleric has to achieve level 50 then do an epic quest and/or farm 60k or whatever the price is to currently to buy that epic. Then he's saving you 30 minutes of running and 60 minutes of exping. If anything, the price on the server for a rez is low, not high. You're like the guy who walks into a business and wants something at cost because thats what they pay their supplier, ignoring every other factor that grownups consider when making economic judgements.

Dont you play on another server now? Maybe they have some boards you can troll.
500pp is absurd except for a rezz in a highly difficult area. Most casual player's can not afford that without screwing their bank over.
Old 08-14-2016, 08:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentEpilot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
500pp is absurd except for a rezz in a highly difficult area. Most casual player's can not afford that without screwing their bank over.
500pp is probably way over market price unless the cleric has to travel a long distance, but not tipping the cleric at all because "all he's doing is clicking epic" ignores all that cleric's overhead.

If the cleric does not have to move anywhere (meaning you or your friend/groupmate drag your body to him) I would advise the one pp per level schedule of payments. If the cleric is in your exp group or on a raid with you, he is obligated to provide the service for free.
Old 08-14-2016, 08:51 PM
Fire Giant

100pp is usually pretty common, however I've received a lot of donations ranging from 20gold to 50pp also... This is why I'll more often than not require the requestor to arrange the ports. If the requestor can't be bothered to arrange for the port, then their xp isn't really worth that much to them.

Drumas - 60 Cleric
Ashintar - 60 Wizard
Old 08-14-2016, 09:28 PM
Planar Protector

East Side Hoes and Money.
Old 08-15-2016, 08:05 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"I'm a cleric and I want 500pp for right clicking once to help a fellow player out and fuck you if you don't pay me"
20K plat if the corpse is in plane of fear - or was that 25K ?
Old 08-15-2016, 10:07 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In order to give that right click, the cleric has to achieve level 50 then do an epic quest and/or farm 60k or whatever the price is to currently to buy that epic. Then he's saving you 30 minutes of running and 60 minutes of exping. If anything, the price on the server for a rez is low, not high. You're like the guy who walks into a business and wants something at cost because thats what they pay their supplier, ignoring every other factor that grownups consider when making economic judgements.

Get over yourself. You should be investing your time in this game for pleasure, not to be gaining an advantage that will net you precious platz later down the road. I've ran to people for buffs and done countless CRs and would never imagine asking or expecting a tip. Your satisfaction should lie in helping a fellow Norrathian, fucking nerd
Old 08-15-2016, 10:16 AM
Sarnak

The immersion is too deep when you start comparing Project99 to running a profitable business, and are completely serious....
Old 08-15-2016, 10:40 AM
Fire Giant

fuck you for clicking a mana free epic

and expect me to donate ill take that xp loss like a man.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

This...so much this [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-17-2016, 04:20 AM
Sarnak

The cleric isn't finishing the epic for my benefit, though. The epic is a direct bonus to their character that they'll need to acquire either way. That's like saying you should tip your Uber huge because they bought themselves a nice car and now drive for the service.

Tipping clerics is fine, but if the cleric doesn't have to take a single step to do it, or inconvenience themselves at all - demanding 100p+ makes you an asshole.

I have an epic 60 cleric sitting in MM that I often Rez/buff lowbies with. My tag line even says donations refused. I earned my epic for me -- not to gouge some guy who's already having a bad day with.
Closed Thread