Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 10:55 AM
Sarnak

I have been messing around in The Hole on my 50 Enchanter working on getting some xp. The only problem I have ran into is when multiple named spawn while xping. Any suggestion on a good place to solo at 50? The Hole is great until a named spawns and I either have to wait on someone to kill him or take 30 minutes trying to kill him without dying.
Old 08-16-2016, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Upper floors in CoM is safe solo exp for enc and necros 52+.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:27 PM
Sarnak

Where's a good place for a lvl 20 to charm? I was thinking Paineel guards or Runnyeye. Any other thoughts?
Old 08-17-2016, 04:38 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltjig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ghosts around her are NOT flagged uncharmable or unmezzable. They are however very highly magic resistant. I duoed Kindle with a necro and did mez all the ghosts and got a charm off for the Kindle kill. She isn't on the same faction as the hole, so you can single pull her to the lake for a super easy kill
Most or ALL of the ghosts surrounding her are 100% flagged unmezzable. I used rapture and it did not work. If they can't be Raptured that means they are definitely unmezzable as rapture is -1000 MR effective. Pretty much cannot be resisted unless they are flagged unmezzable or above level 58. And I tried it multiple times. The chances of the ghosts being mezzable and resisting rapture more than 3 times is more unlikely than winning the power ball lottery.

I did manage to pull her solo with crit resist on lull and gate back to entrance and solo her. She is a very easy mob to kill compared to the ghosts surrounding her and she can even be level 4 mezzed.
Last edited by wwoneo; 08-17-2016 at 04:54 AM..
Old 09-09-2016, 03:42 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwoneo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most or ALL of the ghosts surrounding her are 100% flagged unmezzable. I used rapture and it did not work. If they can't be Raptured that means they are definitely unmezzable as rapture is -1000 MR effective. Pretty much cannot be resisted unless they are flagged unmezzable or above level 58. And I tried it multiple times. The chances of the ghosts being mezzable and resisting rapture more than 3 times is more unlikely than winning the power ball lottery.

I did manage to pull her solo with crit resist on lull and gate back to entrance and solo her. She is a very easy mob to kill compared to the ghosts surrounding her and she can even be level 4 mezzed.
This was my impression too. I was down there on my 56 Enchanter and some mobs could be mezzed with L4 mez and others laughed off Tash+Glamour of Kintaz. The same mobs were easily rooted and slowed.

Then there were mobs that I could mez, but bounced Tepid Deeds around 4 times before giving up. I could mez those.

I'd be interested to see what a L60 enchanter's experience would be like in the undead tower. The resists on p99 seem to be very heavily influenced by level, ie: Your level -2 = can't land jack, Your level -4 occasional resists, Your level -6 zero resists.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainswjr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
some mobs could be mezzed with L4 mez and others laughed off Tash+Glamour of Kintaz. The same mobs were easily rooted and slowed.

Then there were mobs that I could mez, but bounced Tepid Deeds around 4 times before giving up. I could mez those.
Mez spells have level caps. You were probably encountering mobs that had a level range across that lvl cap, causing mez to appear inconsistent, but really when a mob was over said lvl cap, mez simply won't work.
Old 09-11-2016, 10:25 PM
Sarnak

We going to get a new video anytime soon? Been missing them. I hit 54 and have been spending some time in velks. It's rough at upper frenzy if you get a critical calm resist. Even with 255 cha, at 54 it happens often.
Old 09-21-2016, 02:11 PM
Fire Giant

RIP Tecmos. He was a fun and interesting lad.
Old 09-21-2016, 02:51 PM
Sarnak

At least we have ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg maxresdefault.jpg (86.8 KB, 3 views)
Old 09-22-2016, 05:15 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mez spells have level caps. You were probably encountering mobs that had a level range across that lvl cap, causing mez to appear inconsistent, but really when a mob was over said lvl cap, mez simply won't work.
this is not true
Closed Thread