Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 04:07 AM
Planar Protector

Default Project1999 (Red) is seeking new players

Several people have started on Project 1999 Red in the past month. <Uprising> is a good indication of healthy server growth. If another guild started, there could be some good low level pvp action.
I strongly encourage people to play here. There are plenty of camps to take, plenty of loot to be had, plenty of help to get started, and global ooc is active so that the economy isn't non-existent.

Thanks for your time.

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:51 AM
Fire Giant

Never trust Nazis.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:30 AM
Planar Protector

There needs to be some kind of moderation against these hate filled comments. This isn't RNF, please make a thread there if you're upset [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-17-2014, 08:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferocitas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Translation: "Play on Red so we can kill you."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quineloe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
low level pvp action = we don't even wait for you to hit 52, we'll gonk the shit out of you with our ragebringer twinks at level 10!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it's more like, "Please come play on our nearly-empty server before someone does the math and pulls the cord on this waste of rack space."
Pals, meet Vidar (below)...don't be Vidar, he got himself banned from getting mad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-17-2014, 09:36 AM
Sarnak

I'm not sure if all of these people have actually had all of these bad experiences or just want to talk like they have a clue about red without any first hand experience. FWIW, I'm 1 yellow from 20 (Iksar SK) and haven't had a single bad experience. I've grouped a few times, PvP'd a bit with a few people in my range (all cordial where we talked and laughed about it afterwards), and have been enjoying myself.

The griefers consist of mainly 1-2 people on the server from what I've seen and they aren't heard from much. I'm not in any guild but I've had plenty of good conversation with random players of all levels and people have been very willing to answer my questions. And /ooc is what you make of it. There's definitely some ribbing that goes on and the typical Az vs. Nihilium banter but nothing as toxic as I hear people on the forums droning on about like it happens all the time. I have no doubt that it can at times get nasty, but it's isolated and someone usually tells them to take it to /tell. The other thing about /ooc as well is that if the population gets higher I'm sure they'll take it out like they did on blue. Just my 2 cp.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:12 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Laugher

Yeah being low on red means being the only person in ec lol, pre-20 a buddy of mine and i ran into only one other group of two people when the pop was around 150; with the level range being decreased soon (from +/-8 to +/-4) there will soon be less chance of you being steamrolled as opposed to having a good chance a owning your opponent.

Overall reds shaping up to be probably one of the most kind (by policy) EQ FFA PvP servers; twinks aside (at least a few of whom were banned recently) its a good enviroment to hone your mad PvP skills for

99 TEAMS
Last edited by Laugher; 04-17-2014 at 10:15 AM..
Old 04-17-2014, 12:02 PM
Fire Giant

Why you should join Red99 (#bigthings2014):

Soon to be implemented!

Group exp bonus
+/- 4 pvp level range
limited global ooc (to protect the virgin eyes)

Try Red today! Don't be level one when the big changes hit.
Songs are being sung from every bard,
His passion is back and the fire burns,
With fear and renown, Norrath whispers: Uthgaard
Old 04-17-2014, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've grouped a few times, PvP'd a bit with a few people in my range (all cordial where we talked and laughed about it afterwards), and have been enjoying myself.
Same. Good post [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-17-2014, 01:21 PM
Kobold

if someone offers you buffs in noob area, make sure you get them near a guard! it's a trap!!
Old 04-17-2014, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trosh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if someone offers you buffs in noob area, make sure you get them near a guard! it's a trap!!
You really have no clue about anything on Red, do you? You're just making a post based on the random crap posted on the boards...

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Closed Thread