Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 01:28 PM
Sarnak

I was just a teenager scrub back then and only got my ranger past level 10ish. Which is funny because I have never really played DPS in any other game I have played... I did Main Tank in KOTOR. But always liked playing a support role in general.

I recall druids being neat, with their little tree pets and buffs. I think I got a druid and one of the tank types? Big Spear guy, to the first dungeon. Which doesn't really say much.

Also recall playing a Paladin and caster up on the other side and making it to their first dungeon/tomb area and trying to gear up in plate on him. I REALLY liked DAoC the more I think about it.
Tander - 55th Half Elf Bard

The Mystical Order || See what I'm Selling/Buying || Nagrith's JBoots MQ Service
Old 04-23-2014, 01:33 PM
Sarnak

I loved DAoC but no friends came with, and the instant level 20/30 Thing killed me making any friends/getting groups around that time.

Anyway, if you guys get a group settled and need me to fill in, just PM me, I'll play whatever.

I try to check the forums...but it's usually only if I'm free at work...otherwise playing a game!
Old 06-23-2014, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Friend of mine has created a poll for US players who'd be interested in playing Uthgard 2.0 once it's up, to see which realm the US players would prefer to start out in. He chose Hibernia, but he might change his mind if we have a bunch of us going to one realm together.

So pick whatever realm you feel like going to, regardless of where we'll be going so we can see which realm will have the most US players at the beginning, those of us who actually read the Uthgard forums anyway.

In which realm are you going to play?

I'm still unsure about which realm me and and the rest of my friends will be going to, it'll probably be Hibernia also, but it could be Midgard too...not all of them are US players either! My individual choice will be for Hibernia! for the time being, but if I had to say which realm on Uthgard I enjoyed the most community-wise, in all the years I've played there prior, I'd have to say it was Hibernia.

Also keep in mind that the revamped Uthgard will feature classic style RAs, so each realm will have it's unique class appointed abilities (e.g. Bards get Amellorating Mellodies, Skalds get Anger of the Gods, Minstrels get Speed of Sound.) So before you make your choices, look up the info for the classes you intend on playing, so you'll know what to expect.

There's also a possibility of changing the realms if we're not enjoying our original choices, so if we pick Midgard and end up not liking what we see, we'll reroll into another realm if need be. Leveling on Uthgard isn't hard at all if you're xpin with friends and people you know!

Let us know what realm and classes you'd prefer in this thread, regardless whether you vote in the poll at the Uthgard forums.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Last edited by Scrooge; 06-28-2014 at 04:01 AM.. Reason: changed primary realm to Hibernia
Old 06-23-2014, 02:00 PM
Sarnak

Hasn't been an update on uthgard since March. Might as well consider the project dead in the diaper.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by harnold [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hasn't been an update on uthgard since March. Might as well consider the project dead in the diaper.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by harnold [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's nothing compared to how long it took for Kunark to be released on P99, or how long it's taking for Velious to be released either. It's better to wait for a functional server, as opposed to a buggy server which doesn't last, like Origins/Genesis, wouldn't you agree?

Those of you who played P99 since it's release know exactly what I'm talking about. Uthgard used to be buggy as hell too, it took them quite a long time to iron it out into the masterpiece of a classic DAoC server it became over the years, just like P99 is still being patched up even 5 years down the line. Both servers actually have alot more in common than most people realize.

Sure Genesis is still up and running, but that massive population the server had when it first came up 6 months ago (1300+), has dwindled down substantially (under 200.) Cause once all the excitement of a new server dies down, people realize it's not as much fun as they thought it would be; to play a buggy server with corrupt admins who don't care about maintaining the classic atmosphere whatsoever. Once Uthgard is back up and running again, the Genesis population will most likely drop down to double digits, or cease to exist entirely unless they also do a revamp of their own.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 06-24-2014, 07:36 PM
Planar Protector

I think a lot of the reason Genesis died is the severe instability that led to pop caps way too low to support everyone who wanted to play. I haven't bothered with the server since. I loved how their classes were more or less complete but I'm not putting up with that server cap bullshit.
Last edited by MrSparkle001; 06-24-2014 at 08:04 PM..
Old 06-24-2014, 07:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
http://uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.p...3614&start=225

Old 06-24-2014, 08:26 PM
Planar Protector

I am just glad they are fixing whatever bug they are claiming caused the sloooooow ass exp in pve. Also bolt spells are supposed to be fixed along with a ton of other fixes that made it kind of lame before.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:20 PM
Planar Protector

If they bring it up hopefully classes are fixed, and pathing. Especially for pets.