Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 08:39 PM
VIP / Contributor

Default Teams - whats better?

Some staff feel two teams is best (ie: WoW, SWToR), others feel that 3-4 teams is much better (ie: Sullon Zek, Vallon Zek) So which do you prefer, and why? (if your post does not include a reason, it will be ignored).

2 Teams

3 Teams

0 Teams

(yes i could do a poll, but that would encourage people to vote without posting, and anyone that doesnt post a reason deserves to be ignored).

thank you very much,
Sirken

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 07-28-2013, 08:40 PM
Fire Giant

4 Teams
Humans, Shorties, Elves, Evils

For the most fun experience to be honest.
You'll automatically have friends (your team) when you roll a toon. You can even be dirty crossteaming losers later on because you're infatuated with becoming showered with awesome pixels!

P99B Strazha (60 Warlock) [Iksar]
P99B Sstrix (60 Warlord) [Iksar]
P99B Sickjams (5 Bard) [EC Mule]
P99G Sauna (51 Channeler) [Gnome]
P99R Sseri (54 Mystic) [Iksar]
VZ/TZ '08-'09 Lurgort (60 Shaman) [Barbarian] <Eight Inches Unbuffed>
Old 07-28-2013, 08:42 PM
Planar Protector

only 2 teams imo
population too small to divide it up that much
Old 07-28-2013, 08:45 PM
Planar Protector

4 teams so I can be elf team. WTB yellow name.

Red99
Old 07-28-2013, 08:46 PM
Banned

Two teams, two main continents. One with more evil and one more pure/nuetral. This seperates newbie and leveling grounds. Haflings are left in the middle of enemies though. Unless you divide humans into the different teams, Qeynos good, Fp evil. But this is still not really enough of a boost for the halflings.

Tox doesn't count since its very incomplete. I would include them with the "elf team" though.

What do do with erudite and human necros? Maybe they serve the greater good for w/e side they pick anyway.

Also I would like to add mixing a lil good and evil on both teams keeps them more 'dynamic'. Nothing is black and white. There is plenty of grey for realistic teams this way. And I think it avoids the issue of classes not being able to be on a team. Shamans would be left out with barbarians on team evil... so maybe switch them to team good.

So it would be:
Team good: High elf, Wood Elf, Gnome, Dwarf, Halfling, Qeynos Humans, Erudites, Barbarians.
Team Evil: Dark elf, FP humans, Trolls, Ogres.

Team evil looks small again, but later they get iksars and have CT+Guk+Sola+Solb in their territories.

Gnomes could very well go to team evil as they are mostly not KOS in neriak and everyone seemed to like fighting them on Sullon )
Last edited by runlvlzero; 07-28-2013 at 09:00 PM..
Old 07-28-2013, 08:46 PM
Aviak

0 teams.

it seems like without any incentives to not stack one team, it'll just end up with really unbalanced teams.

I never played teams EQ. If there was a way to incentivize being on the lowest pop/power team then that might encourage some variety, otherwise expect the team with the most min/max-y combos available to be 90% of the pop (aka evil team).

Also if there was actually any (non-erotic) role playing involved that might make teams make more sense, but that would involve a lot of GM interaction and wouldn't be very classic.

Think you could accomplish much of the same by giving guilds/groups some kind of incentive to stick to the team lines. There's so much non-game communication these days I don't see how you would prevent cross teaming and other shady behavior.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:51 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Agatha

I like the idea of teams but i dont know. i still rather have no teams and it just be guilds vs guilds
Old 07-28-2013, 08:51 PM
Planar Protector

3 teams is best. odd number keeps it from being these guys vs these guys. also fits in with EQ lore. altho things got zergy on sz, i dont think thatll happen again. 2 teams will always fail, ALWAYS. just like 2 guilds. one dies and all is lost. im not saying we have to adapt all of SZs rules but their teams made the most sense of all the teams servers.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:52 PM
Banned

2 teams cuz of pop
Old 07-28-2013, 08:53 PM
Planar Protector

Both 3 teams or 2 would be awesome - would allow for people to feel safe/grp with others on their teams.

Pls say this means it's wiped Sirken.
Closed Thread