Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 01:48 PM
Orc

Default Enable 2-Boxing for Team99

It might have been said already, but adding two boxing along with going to a strict classic resist system are what I care about most.

1. It is my understanding that a lot of people already two box on the other 99 servers. This could relieve some of the work load off of gms to focus on other discretion's, such as 3 boxing.

2. This server will have no where near a live 1999 population. Even on early red99 with a 700ish pop and a good starting guild I could not consistently get an xp group as a rogue. The addition of 2-boxing will allow players of all classes(melee) to "solo" there way to 50. It is a necessary addition to make up for non classic population.

3. There will also be a higher population with two boxing, albeit not real players, but on a pvp server a kill is a kill. Having 2-boxing will directly lead to more pvp, that is, more kills and deaths.

I am looking forward to trying the server either way.

-Naikon

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
because it forces everyone to box to be on the same level. if i wanted to box id play live or some shit. one of the main attractions here is no boxing. also druid is one of many alts so not sure if serious. ive probably taken the boat more than most since i know how annoying it is to bother druids for ports.
Thanks for posting. I agree that there will be those who will be at a disadvantage from not 2-boxing. However, I feel that those people will be a select few and will continue to play on the server. Where as the people who want to 2-box and cannot will leave the server and create the red99 model all over again. 2-boxing is better for the overall health of the server.
Last edited by Naikon; 09-04-2013 at 02:28 PM..
Old 09-04-2013, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

boxing is retarded.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:55 PM
Fire Giant

no box for you
Old 09-04-2013, 01:57 PM
Banned

Naikon has been added to the list of players ill keep my good eye on

once im a GM i mean
Old 09-04-2013, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Two boxing... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-04-2013, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Sektor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naikon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It might have been said already, but adding two boxing along with going to a strict classic resist system are what I care about most.

1. It is my understanding that a lot of people already two box on the other 99 servers. This could relieve some of the work load off of gms to focus on other discretion's, such as 3 boxing.

2. This server will have no where near a live 1999 population. Even on early red99 with a 700ish pop and a good starting guild I could not consistently get an xp group as a rogue. The addition of 2-boxing will allow players of all classes(melee) to "solo" there way to 50. It is a necessary addition to make up for non classic population.

3. There will also be a higher population with two boxing, albeit not real players, but on a pvp server a kill is a kill. Having 2-boxing will directly lead to more pvp, that is, more kills and deaths.

I am looking forward to trying the server either way.

-Naikon
/signed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffpuppy View Post
Saint Sektor cleansing the server of sick humans. This guy deserves VIP / Contributor status.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-niner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are the negatives on boxing? Saying its retarded because youve never done it or cus you played a solo class like druid isnt an argument against it.

Its enabled on every other pvp emu and majority of pve emus for a reason.
because it forces everyone to box to be on the same level. if i wanted to box id play live or some shit. one of the main attractions here is no boxing. also druid is one of many alts so not sure if serious. ive probably taken the boat more than most since i know how annoying it is to bother druids for ports.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:01 PM
Banned

got my good eye on sektors too
Old 09-04-2013, 02:02 PM
Planar Protector

If you ever were unfortunate enough to play on the Sleeper, you'd have seen how shitty widespread boxing makes the game. Adding it to a PvP setting would be even worse imo.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

here's the problem with keeping two boxing illegal, the GM's have admitted they can't do shit to stop it so the only people being penalized are the ones obeying the unenforceable rules while lite/brainz and co box with impunity
Closed Thread