eq
x3:the terran conflict
europa universalis 4
monkey island 2
quest for glory 1
Old 02-11-2014, 02:38 PM
Fire Giant

Chrono Trigger.

It is a game that has you playing Crono, who ends up getting thrown through time with his companions Marle and Lucca, and discovering that in year 1999, the world is destroyed by a world-parasite called Lavos. The three of them set out on an adventure through time, from 65,000,000 BC to 2300 AD to try and prevent the future destruction of humanity.

The game is one that offers a story that is not only accessible and easy to understand, but at the same time is complex and takes advantage of time travel as a story telling device. Numerous times through the game, you can find that your choices in the past effect things that happen in the future.

The game was among the first to offer many different endings, featuring 13-15 different, unique endings based on how you complete the ending. These endings can vary from a default good ending, to one in which humanity never existed because of the way you went about completing the game.

The storytelling is not directly linear, in which you are lead from place A to place B, nor totally unlinear. Instead, the game will offer you a puzzle to think out. Such as at one point, you are told that you cannot do something because you need something that hasn't been available for a very long time. It is up to you to put 2 and 2 together to figure out that you need to go back in time.

At no point do you have to stop and "grind" to get strong enough to defeat certain encounters. All boss encounters are based on strategy, rather than brute force. All regular monster encounters are engaged by in-world mobs, rather than random encounters like the early Final Fantasy.

The game has an unparalleled soundtrack. There is nothing else to say. It is absolutely beautiful, and it fits every aspect of the game perfectly to truly emphasize the feelings you're meant to get at each stage of the game.

It is "epic" in that you feel you've spanned huge times and done something great, and yet this story is told in 10-15 hours of gameplay. You are never strung on in a way that is irritating.

Ultimately, it remains a game that is truly perfection. I still play it to this day.
Last edited by Uteunayr; 02-11-2014 at 02:40 PM..
Old 02-11-2014, 03:30 PM
Banned

lol make it interesting, you only get to pick one game
Old 02-11-2014, 03:33 PM
Banned

I might go back on it but playing phantasy star 2 on genesis at 13 was pretty fuck me this is so fuckin awesome.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:44 PM
Sarnak

EQ
Lunar 1 and 2 on playstation 1
Most of the old Sierra adventure games (King's quest, space quest, leisure suit larry series, etc)
The Legend of Kyrandia series (another older adventure game)
Simon the Sorcerer series
Original Civilization (the one that fit on two floppies)
Classic Nintendo games like Zelda, Metroid, and Blastermaster
Classic Sega Genesis games like Sonic the Hedgehog

These were hella fun at lan parties:
Command and Conquer 2 and expansions
Star Trek Armageddon
Old 02-11-2014, 04:11 PM
Sarnak

Yars Revenge
Old 02-11-2014, 04:12 PM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-11-2014, 04:20 PM
Fire Giant

Starsiege: Tribes
Star Ocean: The Second Story (PS1)
Final Fantasy Tactics
Planescape: Torment

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 02-11-2014, 04:25 PM
Sarnak

Star Wars Battlefront 2 and Star Wars Battlefront 1. Just such awesome communities for FPS games. A lot more chatter was heard in those games than any other I've played.

Europa Universalis 4 is such a great game too. Paradox in general just makes fucking outstanding games.

EQ is the best MMO I've played I would say. But to be honest, it more felt like an addiction than something I really loved. Now that I'm older and have a lot more game (and life) experience I just can't get hooked back on it like I used to. LOTRO has the best feel to a MMO though. Just wish the game mechanics worked differently.

Civ 3 was absolutely outstanding as well. Love that game. Can't play any other Civ since they just can't stack up.