Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 10:41 PM
Planar Protector

All I see is us coming to a intersection where we have to learn to use our technology responsibly, and the same goes for any new-found knowledge, in general. It's a juggling act between desire and the right thing.

With robotic prosthetic limbs that can interface more directly with the human brain and cars that can increasingly drive themselves and software that can identify the plant you aim your camera at and software that can give professional advice to a doctor for diagnosis and software that can give therapy to people with PTSD and computers that'll soon be nearly invisible and yet equally functional and and so so many other things, it's all the more important humans are responsible and use these powerful technologies WISELY.

Seriously, we're coming into an age where technology will read our mind.

It's not the end of the world. It's just a world where we have to be smarter and more responsible. Just as how we have to control the spread of nuclear weapons or counterfeiting or id theft or addiction.

IN all this, we have to know when to walk away from the technology too.

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Last edited by stormlord; 04-22-2014 at 11:07 PM..
Old 04-22-2014, 11:04 PM
Banned

thanks for your thoughts
Old 04-23-2014, 03:58 PM
Banned

After yesterday's large allocation (104.64.0.0/10) to Akamai, the address pool remaining to be assigned by ARIN is now down to the last /8. This triggers stricter allocation rules and marks the end of general availability of new IPv4 addresses in North America.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:54 PM
Planar Protector

hehehe consciousness as a state of matter.

Foucault's The Order of Things
http://www.amazon.com/The-Order-Thin...rder+of+things
Old 05-08-2014, 09:58 PM
Planar Protector

you been reading the holographic universe? new age mysticism in general?
Old 05-08-2014, 09:59 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Old 05-08-2014, 10:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHurb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its like a pool that anything can emerge from... like when i say "CIRCLE" you may or may not think of a circle but why do you think what you did or didnt. its like all the bits are swirling around, existing but not until recombined... the memory is volatile like RAM you can get amnesia but still have lower functioning hardware... memories arent necessary to breathe... so where are they really stored... is it quantum because a magnet can scramble our brains "flow" but it returns immediately to "normal" or ground state... proved by experiments? a fully electrical device would be scrambled so there must be photons involved that interact to maintain the "field" once its generated... hmmm im pretty smart, yea... what part does DNA play? the dna is all the same so can it be used to store this massive alternatives? like literally every possibility possible to physically express? each brain cell a world in itself but part of a whole... the nucleotides CAN have a differing charge and there are other ways that the data could be stored at the subatomic level that we don't know about.. maybe its not stored maybe its activated, already all being there.. ALL ONE

why couldn't psychic power or laying hands or reiki be real but acupuncture works... why cant touch be as powerful if sound waves can manipulate particles... maybe it involves a big co ordinated group and we are so scattered we will never hold hands in the right way... hahaha im crazy
There is a disconnect in many peoples perceptions of reality and until it is time, humanity is living in this disconnect as we crawl out of the lower forms of being. This is as spiritual as it is a technological process and by whichever means we ascend. It is all towards a higher goal. Whatever energy, or process or desire or force that motivates life and organization in the universe is the force that is ourselves and that force that many attribute to a zen or oneness of being, or Ra, or God. This force has also been called Gaia. It has many names and many forms. It's not really a 'force' lots of people wanted to believe in the ether or or starwars fans like the idea of 'the force' but that is such a brutally simple terminology and the whole concept is so abstract it's been butchered by group creations like star wars. One day it will fully express and we will have been far beyond the point of consciousness were at now. I think this is what many people believe is heaven or think is an afterlife. Most here today still talk about it as if it is some kind of external creation. What you do with your brain is your own even from an extremely individualistic and solipsist perspective. Or from a purely scientific pragmatic and realist perspective. The power is entirely in ones own hands to shape ones own reality. Bhuddism takes this to an extreme. I mean the many words in this runnon paragraph has a huge variation of loose interpretation. What may be uplifting and enlightening to one person might just anger and confuse the next. Or there may be some guru chuckling inwardly remembering the time when they thought as I did.

It is kind of overly complex to resist and make up things like 'reiki' or 'pharmaceuticals' and treat 'symptoms' without knowing truly how deep and were the true disease lies or starts or ends.

There is magic in the world and the universe can be very synchronous.

I have used it and I continue to use it and I am getting better at synching up to it.

As all surfers would say, ride the wave dood.

Humanity, language, words, constructs, the very word construct. Feel it. Know it. The rabbit hole is endless. Just relax and let peace be with you. Know that you are you and everything you do shapes and molds you.
Last edited by Azure; 05-08-2014 at 10:07 PM..
Old 05-08-2014, 10:04 PM
Fire Giant

This thread got really fucking weird.

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 05-08-2014, 10:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by radditsu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

them books is gay *****. bullshit spouted by folks with no grounding or substance to say.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:09 PM
Banned

I didn't read many gay ass ***** books to come to my conclusions. I did it without drugs also.

Well some may have been but IDK which ones.
Closed Thread