Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

There is a lot more Resists in Velious. And like has been said X amount of mobs can't be slowed or charmed. Also mobs hit a LOT harder so Chanters die a lot more in Velious. More mobs summon there also.

But it will still be a great class to play. Every class will have the same problems mentioned above. It will be harder to solo that is for sure. No 20 second fights.
Old 01-26-2014, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

Enchanters should basically die every time they debuff a mob in anyway

Until the aggro revamp, at least

I DEMAND DEAD ENCHANTERS FOR THE GLORY OF BEING CLASSIC
Old 01-26-2014, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

Why does everyone talk about enchanters like Velious is when they become buffbots in raids? Wtf do you think enchanters do for the vast majority of raid bosses right now? CHARM DPS ON GORE FTW AM I RIGHT?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is a lot more Resists in Velious. And like has been said X amount of mobs can't be slowed or charmed. Also mobs hit a LOT harder so Chanters die a lot more in Velious. More mobs summon there also.
How hard? 250ish? Just about what DS hits for? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-26-2014, 08:48 PM
Kobold

Flurry drakes can one round you no problem if you draw the short straw on tash or slow duty or piss off the blue ones spamming mana sieve. But you are absolutely correct that Enchanters are buffbots 99% of the time already. A west wall Fear break during vanilla is pretty much the high point of Enchanter raiding in classic EQ.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:08 PM
Sarnak

Are rogues still top dps? I would imagine on the now longer fights they should be no?
Old 01-26-2014, 10:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are rogues still top dps? I would imagine on the now longer fights they should be no?
Everybody will get better weapons in Velious. So I would imagine Rogues will still be the top dog and Monks second. I never played a Rogue in Velious.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:49 PM
Kobold

Rogues will widen their margin as DPS kings. Monks already have extremely good weapons available (16/22 compared to 15/25 for mainhands), and while their best-in-slot gear will remain slightly ahead of rogues (16/19 monks, 15/19 rogues), the gap narrows considerably, with many more upgrade options available for the average raiding rogue. The huge upgrade for monks in Velious is tanky gear, with massive upgrades for AC, HP, STA, and resists available in all slots, many of which had only junk available in Kunark (cough...legs...cough).
Old 01-26-2014, 10:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schortt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogues will widen their margin as DPS kings. Monks already have extremely good weapons available (16/22 compared to 15/25 for mainhands), and while their best-in-slot gear will remain slightly ahead of rogues (16/19 monks, 15/19 rogues), the gap narrows considerably, with many more upgrade options available for the average raiding rogue. The huge upgrade for monks in Velious is tanky gear, with massive upgrades for AC, HP, STA, and resists available in all slots, many of which had only junk available in Kunark (cough...legs...cough).
Also important to remember that most monks i knew used 2hb in velious. Something to do with damage bonuses triple attack and available weapons (dat 40/30).
Old 01-26-2014, 11:03 PM
Kobold

Almost no one had an Abashi's during Velious, but then again, almost no one had WFoM either. Triple attack wasn't implemented until a month or two before Luclin, and most monks used naked epic fists, a few had SoS's offhand, and a very few eashen/tunare fists. TStaffs were decently popular among rich monks as well especially since the proc worked usefully on lots of mobs. Once Luclin rolled around, a lot more people had access to Primal Brawlsticks/Abashi's/Trorsmangs and the triple attack advantages were more obvious, so they got more common use.

EDIT:

vvvvvvvvvvv Yep, came in the melee overhaul at the end of Velious: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/hist...es-2001-2.html
Last edited by Schortt; 01-27-2014 at 12:09 AM..
Old 01-26-2014, 11:23 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schortt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Almost no one had an Abashi's during Velious, but then again, almost no one had WFoM either. Triple attack wasn't implemented until a month or two before Luclin, and most monks used naked epic fists, a few had SoS's offhand, and a very few eashen/tunare fists. TStaffs were decently popular among rich monks as well especially since the proc worked usefully on lots of mobs. Once Luclin rolled around, a lot more people had access to Primal Brawlsticks/Abashi's/Trorsmangs and the triple attack advantages were more obvious, so they got more common use.

Ah, so triple attack was still in Velious then? I wonder if/when it will be implemented in p99
Closed Thread