Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 09:39 PM
Sarnak

Default Mage 55+ Solo

I have soloed my mage from 16 to 55 mainly on bard diet and then bloodgills and back to bards in HHK that went green at 55.

I was looking at the Per-Level_Hunting_Guide and wanted to go to Kedge Keep and do " 2 seahorses and a mermaid respawn every 20 min " on the list about the 12th one from the bottom for 55-60 range.

Anyone have a clue where that is on the map?

The thing I have liked about bard diet and bloodgills is if im at home or at work and have to afk for 5-120 min I can without having to be worried about coming back dead. Those are the type camps I am looking for to go from 55 to 60 if anyone has any clues.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:55 PM
Planar Protector

I am assuming the 2 seahorse and mermaid is the 9/10 rooms.

#9 has 2 seahorses (blue/high green to 60) together, as a mage I don't see you being able to single that camp, but you may be able to break it.

#10 has Coralyn or a mermaid PHer.

Be aware that just south of #9, there are 5 pirahnas hidden in cubbies in the ceiling (invis in there and look up). If you drag a pet through there he will aggro them all. So you will have to kill them before trying to do other mobs.

Also be aware that sitting down near the small sailfin will aggro them on you and prevent you from medding. Your pet can blender them pretty quickly so long as he isn't busy with other mobs.

I wouldn't really suggest this camp for a mage, but I suppose it is doable.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:17 PM
Sarnak

Well Kedge would be off the list then... any other ideas of a safe semi afk spot?
Old 09-17-2014, 11:25 AM
Fire Giant

I did that camp a lot at 58-59 and to solo Undertow. Need to use your mage bag of tricks (root nets and CotH) to break.
Invis up to the safe room on the left side. Make a pet and park him there. Earth pet is best because you need the hp buffer for nukage. Sit down so those annoying low level fish attack you and your pet cleans them all up. As long as you stay low the piranhas won't agro you once you're high 50s (they are good exp at lower levels) but they will agro pet. To be safe just clear them the first round. Single pull 1 piranha at a time to your pet. Don't let him chase them, take a few hits and pull them to you and pet eats them up easy 1 at a time.
Watch pathing on the seahorses. Click root net on 1 on left side (so it'll be out of LOS when you move) and swim back to pet. Other horse will come to you and then you can sick pet on him. Immediately CotH yourself which will clear agro on rooted horse. Proceed to kill horse you're on. Sit, med up. Then carefully bring pet into the temple and kill the second horse. You've successfully broke the room. At this point I usually just relax and med to full before starting new cycle and adding in mermaid.

Now you can just chill in the room and kill the 3 on rotation w/o worrying about pirannas. 1 or 2 of those stupid little fish still will come in and bug you. When pulling mermaid she comes single about everytime except on some really rare occasions a horse from the caves came and I'd have to gate. Only happened a couple times ever so not sure if it did weird pathing or the horse just happened to path too close.
Closed Thread