Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 01:04 PM
Orc

No, the implication of the statement is that someone you know is going be able to kill you without you being on lockdown in your house with your gun at your side. As I posted an article to, only a couple hundred deaths a year from guns are in self-defense, whereas thousands of homicides from aggressors are reported. I dont think lack of guns on the defense side is the reason for this.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aowen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, the implication of the statement is that someone you know is going be able to kill you without you being on lockdown in your house with your gun at your side. As I posted an article to, only a couple hundred deaths a year from guns are in self-defense, whereas thousands of homicides from aggressors are reported. I dont think lack of guns on the defense side is the reason for this.
Yea we need to put a stop to the NRA gun nuts causing all that violence in Chicago!
Old 09-20-2013, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand the point of having a gun for self-defense if you have to retrieve it from a safe, and I seriously question the practicality (and mental stability) of carrying it around at all times in your own house. Anyone want to fill me in here? Or is it just a little security blanket for paranoid people?
I think some people just want to play Fallout IRL.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:06 PM
Orc

Well luckily seat belts cost me nothing, are required by law, and prevent you from killing others in car crashes. A gun is meant for killing, whether it be in defense or not, whereas a seat belt is for preserving life. I hazard to guess that guns rarely prevent the taking of more life than life they take. So comparing seat belts to guns is a stupid angle to argue
Old 09-20-2013, 01:08 PM
Orc

All these people are super scurred someone is gonna come kill them, esp the chicago south side.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:08 PM
Sarnak

We are the #1 country for freedom when it comes to guns (why you hate freedom?), yet are the 12th for firearm related death, and 14th for homicide.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ted_death_rate

When you punish ME for the actions of OTHER people, you're def a dirty commie. When you try to subvert our glorious Bill of Rights with acts of congress and state laws instead of ratifying a new amendment (which would never happen), you're a lazy hippy. When you're scared of the astronomical odds of getting shot (0.00023% repeating ofc in a lifetime), you're a pussy. When you then vote to disarm yourself and become even more defenseless should you ever be backed into a corner, you're just a moran
Old 09-20-2013, 01:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aowen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The fact that people live with such an incredible amount of fear is hilarious to me. Like Sauron is amassing power in the shadows to eventually break into your house, rape your wife, and steal your TV. The unforeseen threat that is out there. The bomb that could go off at any second. The gang bangers that are going to empty your house. The Charlie Manson cult breaking in. You gun nuts are fuckin pussy paranoid psychos man. I laugh at all the people who think that the solution to crime is to GI Joe lockdown.

It gets so ridiculous sometimes, I have a friend's parents who have door jams so you can't kick in the door, a pistol that fires shot gun shells called a Judge among several other pistols, some of which have lazer grips, and enough ammo and food supplies to make it through the apocalypse that is right around the corner.
fuck you, G.I. Joe's rule!
Old 09-20-2013, 01:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Well luckily seat belts cost me nothing, are required by law, and prevent you from killing others in car crashes. A gun is meant for killing, whether it be in defense or not, whereas a seat belt is for preserving life. I hazard to guess that guns rarely prevent the taking of more life than life they take. So comparing seat belts to guns is a stupid angle to argue
So we need to ban Knives, Blunt Weapons, and Fists too? Those are used to kill people as much as guns are.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:12 PM
Kobold

Chicago has some of the strictest gun controls laws in the country and the most amount of gun related crimes.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:12 PM
Fire Giant

And a Taurus Judge is a Damn fine firearm. For a Taurus...
Closed Thread