Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 06:52 AM
Large Rat

Default Does low end loot still sell for good money?

If I remember from back in the day (15 years - can't believe I remember!) low end stacks of bat wings, bone chips and other trash loot used to sell for good money to other players in the tunnel. Is this still the case? Worth hanging on to them till I get to Freeport? Just rolled my first new character from this time around in Kelethin.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:08 AM
Planar Protector

Not bat wings, but stuff like bone chips, HQ pelts/skins, spiderLING silk (not so much spider silk), crushbone belts, orc scalps, stuff like that still sells pretty well yeah.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:13 AM
Large Rat

I sold some bat wings the other day (2 stacks), so they do sell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-27-2014, 07:52 AM
Large Rat

Thanks, will start stashing. More backpacks methinks.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifka71 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I sold some bat wings the other day (2 stacks), so they do sell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unfortunately they only sell to people who don't know that there's a vendor in EC that sells unlimited quantities.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:05 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb46 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I remember from back in the day (15 years - can't believe I remember!) low end stacks of bat wings, bone chips and other trash loot used to sell for good money to other players in the tunnel. Is this still the case? Worth hanging on to them till I get to Freeport? Just rolled my first new character from this time around in Kelethin.
Low level druids near Kelethin (level 14) may be interested in buying stacks of batwings for Levitate. This market is fairly small however, since at level 19 those same druids can just gate to WC and buy them from a batwing vendor in EC.

I also believe there is a bone chip quest in Kaladim, so you may get some hits there. Although once you are high level enough, the real money is in selling Crushbone Belts and Lego pads you'll get from CB.

Personally if I were a low level character, I would hang onto every Spider Silk I come across. Turn them into Silk Swatches if you run low on space, and bank them on a mule. Once Velious hits live - you are going to see an onslaught of Thurgurdin Shawl questers hungry to level up Tailoring on Wu's armor, frustrated by the lack of supply, and desperate to pay anything. That is just my gut feeling, however.

Good luck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-27-2014, 09:32 AM
Sarnak

Also Greater lightstones off willowisp sells for about ~10-15pp each. Worthwhile to slay any black bear you come into contact with as the HQ pelt sells for about 25pp.

Bone chips as mentioned always in demand by Necro/SK and for Kaladim quest you can get about 5-10 per stack.

Keep on saving all them items and more and unload in EC for a good start. GOODLUCK!

changing the weather one zone at a time...
Old 03-27-2014, 09:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unfortunately they only sell to people who don't know that there's a vendor in EC that sells unlimited quantities.
There's tons of vendors for bat wings all over Norrath. However, some casting folks on evil characters will pay up to 20 plat for a stack near good aligned cities while they level up.

Butcherblock and Greater Fay are good places for this since there are no evil cities on Faydwer and a place like Unrest is much easier to get to with a levitate.

Do keep in mind that having a stack of bat wings delivered to you by a lowbie really is a convenience that many people won't bother paying for, but there definitely are some out there that will pay so it's not a bad idea to keep a stack on hand.

Keep every bone chip and orc belt you find and store me on a mule if you can 'cause whether you sell them for 10-20pp a stack or use them to level a low level char they WILL most likely find a use.

And great idea with the silk swatches Aeaolena!

Ingrum Irontoe
Retired Warlord of Brell
"Yeah, I'm kind of a big deal..."
Old 03-27-2014, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

On live people bought bat wings. Did people just not know vendors had them? Do we have unclassic vendor inventory? But yeah bone chips good one.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:52 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Hey all I just started here a week ago and I'm loving it here! I was just wondering, how do you make silk swatches?
Closed Thread