Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 03:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcbard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What I did was from the Parallels menu go to Virtual Machine > Configure.. > Options > Advanced > and make sure Smart mouse is on.
Looks like I am still out of luck with respect to running EQ via parallels. I have max frames set to 56 and I enabled smartmouse on. I still have an overly sensitive mouselook in the game (as in unplayable). I am running Windows XP in Parallels 5. Any other thoughts?
-----------------------
Old 04-08-2011, 04:44 PM
Orc

proxmox > vmware

For those about to die, we shall loot you!
Old 04-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Banned

Not really sure.. Is your computer older. 5400rpm hard drive maybe? Perhaps parallels five is just slow and old, but I don't think that should be the case. Sorry I can't be more help.

How much ram do you have? I would want at minimum 2 gigs to vitalize xp on top of OSS but I would keep everything very light. You should have at least 4gigs IMO!
Old 04-08-2011, 05:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everquest will not run in Linux (tried with fedora 14) in a vm using kvm because of lack of 3d acceleration. What are you trying to do exactly?
On Linux, you don't need a VM, luckily. I run it on wine, with one modification to the sourcecode. Can provide instructions if people are interested.

Slozem
Old 04-08-2011, 06:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcbard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not really sure.. Is your computer older. 5400rpm hard drive maybe? Perhaps parallels five is just slow and old, but I don't think that should be the case. Sorry I can't be more help.

How much ram do you have? I would want at minimum 2 gigs to vitalize xp on top of OSS but I would keep everything very light. You should have at least 4gigs IMO!
It's a 17" MacBook Pro. It's one generation behind the latest. It has a i5 processor and I allocated 2 GB of ram. I'll see how it does when I upgrade bot Parallels and Windows. For now I drop out to bootcamp and it's fine. The resources would not account for the overly fast mouse look. Normal mouse movements in the game are fine, it's just an issue with mouse look. Thank you however for your feedback.
-----------------------
Old 04-09-2011, 01:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a 17" MacBook Pro. It's one generation behind the latest. It has a i5 processor and I allocated 2 GB of ram. I'll see how it does when I upgrade bot Parallels and Windows. For now I drop out to bootcamp and it's fine. The resources would not account for the overly fast mouse look. Normal mouse movements in the game are fine, it's just an issue with mouse look. Thank you however for your feedback.
Does parallels 5 have th smart mouse feature? That could be your problem.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:35 PM
Aviak

I was running OSX with VMWare a while back to try and run EQmac but couldn't get 3D acceleration working. Their community is filled with self-righteous pricks anyway.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On Mac VMWare is the way to go. On linux, use Wine. It works.
I got it working under wine on mac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
I <3 detriment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronjer View Post
10 years ago I split up as well with my ex gf over EQ. Didn't even realize her move out, as I was raiding at this time.
Closed Thread