Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 11:24 PM
Orc

Default Quest Complete Jingle

I was watching a speedrun of MDK recently and heard a familiar little diddy (you only need to watch a few seconds):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiT92...=youtu.be&t=8s

MDK is a great game and was released almost two full years ahead of Everquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I realize that the jingle in MDK goes up slightly at the end so it isn't 100% the same, but the similarity is staggering.

Have there been any other sightings of this mystery tune in other games/media?
Old 02-19-2014, 11:43 PM
Planar Protector

I'm pretty sure someone posted that the "DING!" (level up) sound has been spotted elsewhere... but damned if I can think of how long ago that got posted now [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Off-topic slightly but its funny how WoW players used to say "ding!" in a public channel when they leveled up, when the leveling sound there isn't a ding at all :/ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Nice find anyway, very similar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-19-2014, 11:50 PM
Planar Protector

I think its just a generic "Ding" sound honestly.

I remember the post swish is referring to and I swear someone said that it was also found as a stock .wav file in like earlier versions of windows.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 02-19-2014, 11:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittlez V1.1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've heard the skeleton noises and certain spell sound effects all throughout my life after EQ. I just wish I could remember from what exactly. I think it has been off cartoons more than anything, though I do remember some noises from shows or movies that have the same kind of theme that the show Supernatural does. It's always been an awesome feeling when that brought me back to the old days of EQ.
I'm fairly certain I have heard the skeleton noises other places as well. On TV shows, I think.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcoa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm fairly certain I have heard the skeleton noises other places as well. On TV shows, I think.
Yeah or movies.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 02-20-2014, 12:08 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittlez V1.1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've heard the skeleton noises and certain spell sound effects all throughout my life after EQ. I just wish I could remember from what exactly. I think it has been off cartoons more than anything, though I do remember some noises from shows or movies that have the same kind of theme that the show Supernatural does. It's always been an awesome feeling when that brought me back to the old days of EQ.
Stay banned please, do your time
Old 02-20-2014, 03:35 AM
Fire Giant

I've also heard the cleric heal spell noise in tv adverts/programmes I'm sure of it !
Old 02-20-2014, 03:49 AM
Sarnak

You can hear the Ding! noise in one of the episodes of Bubble Guppies...which is on a never ending loop at my house >.<
Old 02-20-2014, 04:16 AM
Sarnak

I've heard the Gfay/Ambient Forest sounds (Some bats and other nightly noises) in other games/shows, though at this time I can't exactly specify where I've heard them, and remember thinking, "Damn, they stole that from EQ!" at first.

After hearing it a few times in different games/shows/movies I figured that it was a generic sound file for entertainment purposes, sort of like the Howie Scream used for the Starcraft Terran Academy sound.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingrum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've heard the Gfay/Ambient Forest sounds (Some bats and other nightly noises) in other games/shows, though at this time I can't exactly specify where I've heard them, and remember thinking, "Damn, they stole that from EQ!" at first.

After hearing it a few times in different games/shows/movies I figured that it was a generic sound file for entertainment purposes, sort of like the Howie Scream used for the Starcraft Terran Academy sound.
Oh yeah, I deffintly recognized that terran academy scream from other places.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Closed Thread