Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 08:12 AM
Banned

Default Lets play the "if it was my server" game

People bitch and complain (i know i do) about how server is run. How would you run it?

Heres my take:

- Item loss, 1 item per death, anything that isnt bagged with weapon slots being non-lootable.

- No xp loss in pvp, respawn with low health and no mana.

- Xp rate the way it is right now

- coin loss

- Hands off approach to GMing, with only trains, 3rd party cheats and exploiting being off limits.

Custom tweaks:

- Basic starter and mid range no drop set patched in, so that players can mix and match with droppable loot. With item loot, this would make sure that item looting is not too harsh, and at the same time making Gfay come alive again because people actually care about something other than high end twink gear they will never, ever lose. AKA making the server have an economy other than top end gear exchange.

- PVP events that are geared toward letting players make their own fun. Like the halloween event of 2001, where event mobs spawn in an area and players go batshit and swarm the zone, killing each other, killing event mobs, noobs running around looting the awesome gear left to rot getting repeatedly killed by high level mobs trying to get to said loot.

- Global OOC until my awesome ruleset repops the server (cheeky grin)

- Finding some way to allow people to 2box strictly for item exchange between characters (if this is too complicated, then do not allow 2 boxing)
Old 04-30-2012, 10:16 AM
Sarnak

Things are pretty good as-is. Mob run speed / HP % needs to be brought down to allow for melee PvE, and there are a couple other things that aren't classic, but I like the current balance of things.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:17 AM
Orc

Need item loot to make things more exciting.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:16 PM
Banned

Make server more like RZ / TZ / VZ and less like Fennin Ro / Project 1999 Blue
Old 04-30-2012, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

although item loot would be fun, it would make playing a melee even more shitty. you gotta remember, not everyone plays a caster.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
although item loot would be fun, it would make playing a melee even more shitty. you gotta remember, not everyone plays a caster.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:02 PM
Banned

it is never too late to hope <3

imo its simple. ooc was a great first step

next to revive the pop and help some competition start up at the top,

(nihilum full of self loathing faggots trying so hard to slay server with poop filled socks)

add hotzones, it increases pvp, brings lowbie pals together, helps lvlers catch up but
does not rob them of the grind blah blah blah. DO IT

and add yellow text for the love of Rexx
Old 04-30-2012, 02:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My suggestion to patch in a non-drop set was mainly with melees in mind.

As for Fiegi's commentary that nobody wants to lose a FBSS:

Then dont wear it. As eve online players say "Only fly what you can afford to lose".

People in eve online dont usually take out their best ships when they are solo pvping. You take out your best ship on a big operation with 60 of your allies in a fleet.

It would be applicable here, you only wear your best gear when you are out pvping with 5-10 guildies and on top of that, you can put your "ship" in your bags and not lose it if you start feeling like its risky to keep wearing it, unlike eve.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

I just sent out the milk crates with the milk boxes that have the pvp missing pictures posted.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:50 PM
Banned

good idea sam wise lets turn red into eve.. no thanks fiegi is right all item loot is gonna do is turn server into a ghost town for good. people already crying grief this and grief that .. i mean come on people playing already to soft..
Closed Thread