Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 09-29-2011, 08:29 AM
Kobold

Default Minor Illusion Bug

The Minor Illusion appearance is bugged, sometimes it works and sometimes you think it works.
You can see yourself as a box for example, but others see you as yourself.
And this is a big problem for an enchanter in PvP imo.

And i have no idea if you are in illusion and someone zones in, do they see you as the illusion or are you yourself? Client side shit or whats up?
Old 09-29-2011, 08:40 AM
Planar Protector

Seems like sometimes the client doesn't receive the packet that says "he is illusioned"

We were testing this yesterday, and affect was going illusion, on my screen he was a box, on his screen he was a box, but on the third guys screen he was just an regular elf. (we all were in the zone as the spell was casted).

It's seems very random. This is a huge issue for enchanters as minor illusion is one of the best pvp spells in classic.

I'm hoping rogean jesus and secrets lady angel with their client haxx skills can figure this out.
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:03 PM
Planar Protector

This is a problem. Ran a search and found this thread.

Bumping with my support.

lol wut
Old 10-10-2011, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

I'm gonna go ahead and use my new found powers to sticky this one, as it is indeed one of the most important pvp spells for enchanters in classic. Would make many enchanters sad if it wasn't working properly by release.
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Fire Giant

WHISTLE ALERT

Smedy's RL friends post gets stickied once smedy becomes a mod!!!

Ok on serious note, are all serioius non dupelicate pvp concerns going to be stickied until they are fixed so that the stupid posts can float away?

dont bann me.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:33 PM
Planar Protector

That's the idea, i just sticked this one right of the bat as i was involved in making it (biased gm favorism as fuck dog) i'll sticky more important ones once i get around to going through the bug forums for real, busy atm.

Don't troll me bro, i can't ban anyone
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:09 AM
Fire Giant

Okay I did some testing on this one for you gents.

I had my enchanter cast minor illusion while sitting at the entrance to neriak in front of my mage and shaman. She became the glowing symbol that is visible on both screens.

pic:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I then had my shaman zone out and zone back in which caused her to take on the skin of a human male. I also tested this by having her cast the spell while the shaman was out of the zone, and the result was the same.

pic:

I then had my shaman run around the corner while she cast the spell. On the floor around the corner is a rock formation. On my shaman's screen when I returned to looking at the enchanter, she now appeared as the rock formation.

pic:

I then tested with my mage staring at the ground when the spell was cast. In this case she looked like the glowing symbol on my shaman's screen and when my mage looked up, she still looked like herself.

pic:

If you also notice on all of the pics, she looks just like herself on her screen. This is because I have her staring at a wall and not anything she can mimic with minor illusion.

I did a few more random tests having her stand next to things and cast etc. What I found was that if she was standing next to a torch and cast it, she would appear as a torch on her own screen, and then when my other char's ran up she would also appear as a torch. If my characters were staring at something else when she cast it she would look like that.

This so far is fine because as long as she looks like SOME object and not herself, she gets a little bit of sneaky time in PvP.

However, if a player is in zone when the enchanter casts the spell, and does not have an object that minor illusion is capable of taking the form of, the enchanter will retain their natural look.

I hope that helps some.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:13 PM
Fire Giant

nice testing, would be cool if we could get this fixed.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:14 PM
Fire Giant

have you checked if you'll take the target of a dropped item next to you? enchants on live would use dropped daggers, etc
Old 10-23-2011, 01:19 AM
Banned

Irrelevent info to the thread: I'm pretty sure that I'm invis behind the troll in the screenshots above and attacked and made your lowbie enchanter zone out while you were testing this. I was wondering wtf you were doing there... It all makes sense now.