Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 04:49 PM
Banned

Default BRB FBI

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-01-2012, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Personally, I carried a gun as a teenager from time to time because it was the nineties and it was thug life ***** so we all strapped. The only times I was ever a victim of gun violence(shot at a few times, held hostage for a few hours) I was armed. Since becoming an adult I have never carried a gun. I've owned several houses, a farm, and numerous cars and none of them has ever been taken from me at gunpoint. No one's ever tried, even. My anecdotal evidence would thus suggest you are more likely to be involved in a gun-related altercation if you are yourself armed. Derp.

So you were a teenager carrying a gun and thought to yourself that you were a bad ass. Your mentality as a teen was most likely the culprit of why you were a victim, not the fact you carried a gun. Your evidence suggests you are more likely to be involved in a gun-related altercation if you yourself are an idiot. There is no difference between the 90s and 00s regarding "thug life *****" the only difference is you grew up some and go a tad more wisdom. If you think owning a gun would cause you to become a thug again and do stupid shit, well then, you are doing us all a favor by not owning one.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally, I carried a gun as a teenager from time to time because it was the nineties and it was thug life ***** so we all strapped. The only times I was ever a victim of gun violence(shot at a few times, held hostage for a few hours) I was armed. Since becoming an adult I have never carried a gun. I've owned several houses, a farm, and numerous cars and none of them has ever been taken from me at gunpoint. No one's ever tried, even. My anecdotal evidence would thus suggest you are more likely to be involved in a gun-related altercation if you are yourself armed. Derp.

??? held hostage for a few hours ???

dafuq ?
Old 07-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you were a teenager carrying a gun and thought to yourself that you were a bad ass. Your mentality as a teen was most likely the culprit of why you were a victim, not the fact you carried a gun. Your evidence suggests you are more likely to be involved in a gun-related altercation if you yourself are an idiot. There is no difference between the 90s and 00s regarding "thug life *****" the only difference is you grew up some and go a tad more wisdom. If you think owning a gun would cause you to become a thug again and do stupid shit, well then, you are doing us all a favor by not owning one.
Agreed, you don't need a gun to prove you are worth something....there are other ways. Like get an education, make money, do good things, not be a catalyst to the problem.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you were referring to my comment about a corrupt government, I said the right exists to overthrow a corrupt government; not to dissuade one from forming. If you're saying we couldn't compete with the military, I disagree. There are over 300,000,000 U.S. citizens. If actions such as this were being contemplated, I believe it would be a dissuading factor though.

With that being said, if the U.S. government were to attack its own citizens by military means (which I don't think they would), the National Guard and Reserve should not be ignored. With the combined forces of national protectors, civilians, and everyone in the active military who would disobey orders to kill fellow Americans, I think we have a great chance of not being overtaken. If no one in the United States could legally own a firearm, I wouldn't be as confident. This is discounting weapons of mass destruction, of course. Nuking anything is usually gg.
And here a quote from the good ol declaration to prove that if a government becomes corrupt, it is the right of the people to change it.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Sarnak

A lot of people would have to think 1-2 times before shooting someone if they presented a real threat to there lives.......

Now people to stab would have to think 9-10 times as you are literally feeling what you're doing to that person. And unless you're a sociopath, it will affect you a lot.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
20 gauge shells are yellow.
The Wife has some bad scoliosis, and she's really small. 20 works perfectly for her.
Yes, it's a mix. 3 buck and slugs of various types. Some solid lead, some copper hollow points. At short ranges, 3 buck in a 20 penetrates exactly the same distance as 00 in a 12.
Exactly. I've found a youth size 20 gauge shotguns with #2 or #3 buckshot are easy to handle, don't kick, and are more than enough to do the job at point blank ranges. I don't own a pistol to carry concealed, and don't want to.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A lot of people would have to think 1-2 times before shooting someone if they presented a real threat to there lives.......

Now people to stab would have to think 9-10 times as you are literally feeling what you're doing to that person. And unless you're a sociopath, it will affect you a lot.
I would kill someone in an instant regardless of what I had or had not to use as a weapon if they presented a threat to me or any loved one. I would not give a second thought to that person after they were dead.

Guess i'm a sociopath, literally give 0fucks about any PoS.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
.30-06
Same caliber as the M1 Garand. Both are great rifles if you can find one.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

It means citizens retain power to overthrow a corrupt government.
Which made perfect sense in 1776 when the pinnacle of weaponry was the single shot musket and cannon. In 2012, it's outright stupidity to think the citizenry armed with rifles, shotguns, and handguns have any chance at all against a modern trained army with access to clusterbombs, tanks, drones, and nerve agents.
Closed Thread