Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 08:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmantis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Zone Experience Modifier. You get more exp per kill from dungeons than outdoor zones by default. Some give more than others. Here is a chart someone came up with estimates for each:
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...7&postcount=42
I should point out that that ZEM list is completely out of whack, though, as it shows high-ZEM zones like Crushbone having over twice the ZEM of outdoor zones like Oasis, meaning you would get over twice the EXP per kill on mobs of identical level. This is not even close to true on P99; the differences are more subtle.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 08-23-2011, 08:30 AM
Planar Protector

oasis isnt that bad of a zone, but zem means zone exp modifier, being a cleric, you can duo, solo very well in kurns up to 20, and unrest is another great zone from 15-25, which are the lvls most people do in unrest, one of my favorite zones!

but then once lvl 23, exping in lake isnt bad at the sarnak fort, but its a iffy there, if great group, fast exp, if shitty group, not so great, i just grinded away 20-30 on my ranger there in about a week, but i've noticed not so many people exping there lately
Old 08-23-2011, 10:12 AM
Sarnak

I dont think those zems are even close to being right. I was getting 4 blue tics per kill at lvl 15 killing gorge hounds in NK and I got 4 blue tics killing mummies in befallen. According to that I should have gotten 8.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:39 AM
Kobold

They are probably incorrect, I'd have to say tho that most of the times when I have gotten really good xp it has happened in dungeons.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont think those zems are even close to being right. I was getting 4 blue tics per kill at lvl 15 killing gorge hounds in NK and I got 4 blue tics killing mummies in befallen. According to that I should have gotten 8.
I also doubt they are exact, but in your example are these even level mobs?

From my killing in Befallen the ZEM seems pretty high.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:36 AM
Fire Giant

The ZEM's are incorrect. A developer was laughing at the list a while back on IRC. He was commenting that the numbers are way of (as others have pointed out) . I think at best, use it as a guide when looking for zones which may give better XP than others.

As for grouping, I'd advise avoiding Oasis and LOIO as well as they can be pretty dull. I guess you can give them a shot and see just how "exciting" life is in these zones. I also advise looking to do dungeons such as Unrest (one of my favorite zones), SolA (crazy XP modifier, Upper Guk (great XP as well), etc.
There are some good zones in Kunark as well at the lower levels but you may need to bring your own group..
-----------------------
Old 08-23-2011, 01:06 PM
Kobold

Dungeons are you best bet for the best ZEM. Also they are the most fun.

Oasis and LOIO are so overated.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:34 PM
Sarnak

loio is nice for charm druids though. a saber grelkin puts out some awesome dps.
Closed Thread