Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

Or, on red99 where as of late the population rarely gets over 100, perhaps they box because the most group focused MMO in history doesn't have enough people to form a group, find a port, sell an item, make a trade or transfer to another character...
Old 03-23-2012, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

There are a plethora of reasons boxing is unhealthy for server population. P99 proved that boxing was unnecessary; there were heated arguments starting in beta that didn't abate until the population started exceeding two and three hundred regularly.

The problems with server population on Red99 are due to a great number of factors. Introducing boxing - or even becoming more lenient with punishment - would make play viable for fewer people, but would inhibit growth, for obvious reasons.

Rebuilding and attracting new players should take priority over lessening punishment for players that are willing to bend or break rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:41 PM
Banned

"I only cheated because I couldn't do it with what I had available to me."

That makes it okay, right?
Old 03-23-2012, 04:49 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Amelinda Send a message via Yahoo to Amelinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonStillPosting [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a thread that belongs in rants and flames, since it is both.

I'm going to go post threads in the wrong section and I expect everyone suspended who flames in it.
This isn't Gotham and you aren't Batman, you do not get to practice vigilante justice - Sirken.

be patient.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Banned

The population crashed because certain problems at server launch too loo long to fix, the main one being guards actually guarding players.

The population never rebounded because there are no Teams on this server, so it's a solitary and uphill battle to accomplish anything, and when you do, there aren't enough people around to appreciate it to make it worthwhile.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humerox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rebuilding and attracting new players should take priority over lessening punishment for players that are willing to bend or break rules.
You need to rethink this, because you're kidding yourself. Tomorrow morning JoeEQhardcore notices theres a classic server of his favorite old game. He doesn't decide whether not to play because of staff policy on permafucking people boxing, he plays because theres people online in a group oriented game.

Furthermore, this isnt about the pros or cons of boxing. Simply about what will help a server thats looking like it will inevitably die.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

I ask for special privilege, knowing if I abuse this privilage, it is bannable. I abuse the privilage and get banned. Makes sense to me. If someone really loved this server they wouldnt break the rules. In the case someone was really desperate, I am sorry but its just a ban. Make a new character and drive on.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You need to rethink this, because you're kidding yourself.
I'd be willing to listen to an argument that could sway my thinking. Let me pose a question.

Other than making play more viable for a small, static population...explain to me how making grouping less viable for incoming new players, while increasing problems elsewhere in the game (camps, healbots, pocket chanters for buffs, etc.) is going to stimulate sustained growth?

Edit: I'm asking this because a more lenient approach to banning boxers certainly is not going to discourage it. It will encourage it to a point where policing it would be a ridiculous task.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Last edited by Humerox; 03-23-2012 at 05:29 PM..
Old 03-26-2012, 06:23 AM
Planar Protector

lawl slave talking about teams up in this thread
Old 03-26-2012, 06:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelinda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I don't like banning for boxing. I feel it is good for the server because of the following:

Some people who box....

...RMT
...hack
...cheat in other ways.
Boxing confirmed gateway drug
Closed Thread