Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 01:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimixownzall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*DISCLAIMER*: I know that the devs are the final say and they can do as they damn well please. So when I give my opinion, I am not being an ass or trying to be one.

I, honestly, don't see why they would change the boat route in OOT (which isn't classic) saying they are fixing a mistake Verant had, YET they don't ditch the group penalty which Verant has admitted was a mistake.

I'm just not a fan of inconsistencies.
There's a difference between those examples, imo.

The boat thing in oot was just someone being too stupid to realize what direct east and west were. But the XP thing wasn't a "mistake" in the same sense. It was maybe a poor design decision, it was maybe a design decision that many people didn't like, etc. But it wasn't like a typo in a spell description.

"Fixing" stuff like the boat and the typo don't change the classic experience, imo. But removing something as significant as the XP penalties would be.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrocat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No wisdom casters have penalties.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1002
Exp penalties by class:
Paladin / Shadowknight / Ranger / Bard -40%
Monk -20%
Wizard / Magician / Enchanter / Necromancer -10%
Rogue +9%
Warrior +10%
Isn't race penalties built into the group exp +/- also?

If so:

Quote:
What are the experience penalties/bonuses?
By Race:
Troll -20%
Iksar -20%
Ogre -15%
Barbarian -5%
Halfling +5%
Yes shammy's have a penalty, Since they can only be Troll / Ogre / Barb / or Iksar (for kunark)
Old 01-31-2011, 02:03 PM
Sarnak

To those trying to find logic in what is included/not included in the classic experience on P1999 - just stop. For the most part, the classic portion of P1999 is completely decided by the devs. For example, the magician summoned sword "sword of rune" should proc on non-elemental mobs when given to a pet - this happened all the way to kunark. However, this isn't so on P1999. On live, this was likely an unintended problem. However, there are a lot of "unintended" problems in classic that some would call "the classic experience" and others call "bugs that should have never existed."

In some respects, the line is drawn arbitrarily by the devs. If you don't like it, go cry. Devs have made it clear over and over they don't give a crap about anybody who plays.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:42 PM
Project Manager

I figured this thread would become haven for complaining. OP, if you want to make a thread telling us why you don't like exp penalties, you should do it in rants and flames. I've heard enough of it. I did play a paladin in classic, and the exp penalty is alive and well exactly where it should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimixownzall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*DISCLAIMER*: I know that the devs are the final say and they can do as they damn well please. So when I give my opinion, I am not being an ass or trying to be one.

I, honestly, don't see why they would change the boat route in OOT (which isn't classic) saying they are fixing a mistake Verant had, YET they don't ditch the group penalty which Verant has admitted was a mistake.

I'm just not a fan of inconsistencies.
We didn't make the boats run correctly on purpose...at least to my knowledge. Mixxit made the boats work here originally. If he made them work that way, then that's how they work. I'm not touching it until we have a better system. So, this isn't an issue that was decided upon by the round table.

Verant exp penalties. Yeah I wonder why they removed those. Could be something having to do with showeq revealing the real experience numbers of each class/race, and then the eq live community bitching, similiar to how players bitch about it now. Soon after, they made other great decisions, like Luclin and Planes of Power. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_savage1982 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you don't like it, go cry. Devs have made it clear over and over they don't give a crap about anybody who plays.
We care about Everquest. Do you care about me, John? If so, we can be friends.
Closed Thread