Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 01:17 PM
Sarnak

Default Classic Revisionism

I kind of mentioned this in another thread a moment ago, but let's look at some facts...

There is high competition for high end mobs and many mid to high level camps. This is a fact. It is even true many folks farm these places for long amounts of time or have rangers parked waiting so they can get tipped off and mobilize.

However, it is amusing how people talk about these problems as though this isn't Classic EQ Drama. If anything, it is Diet Classic EQ Drama here.

Am I the only one that remembers unplayable nights in LGuk because people were throwing trains at eachother...?

That two/three guilds would try to KS Nagafen or Vox from eachother...

I remember at least 10 posts a day in scammer alert forums on E Marr...

Ninja looters were rampant...

Didn't want to give up AC camp in OOT? Somebody would charm the PH.

You wanted Classic EQ instead of the easy instanced clicky horseshit that EQ became... Or the retard simple game WoW became. Classic EQ is hard and competitive. Don't like it? Go and play WoW or EQ Live. Bet you'll be back in a couple months when you are lvl 80 with your Robe of Fuckery with 800 AAs and some faggy title.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:41 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDrake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Am I the only one that remembers unplayable nights in LGuk because people were throwing trains at eachother...?

That two/three guilds would try to KS Nagafen or Vox from eachother...

I remember at least 10 posts a day in scammer alert forums on E Marr...

Ninja looters were rampant...

Didn't want to give up AC camp in OOT? Somebody would charm the PH.
Yes, thank you for this. I was wondering if Erollisi Marr just happened to be more hardcore than some of the other PVE servers. That was my home from 99-04, and I had pretty much all of those experiences.

I was a paladin and usually the puller for my Lower Guk groups. Competition was insane because there were usually 40-50 people in the zone on dial up (scary). Sometimes trains were created by people trying to pull all the npcs they could back to their group, due to the amount of groups vs. exp mobs.

Watched a buddy get the "too many bags in a trade window" scam done to him, and his entire suit of rubicite stolen. Lead GM Uini said they were aware of the bug, but would not assist in any way.

Long before item links, and before the group system announced who looted what item, ninja looting was extreme. People could do a quick loot/right click/stand and steal pretty much anything without being noticed.

You could follow your rival guild, and when they engaged raid npcs, you could open trade windows to trade 1cp to all their healers. (Interrupted spells)

In short, emarr was gangsta, and petitions didn't happen often.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Ur wrong dude classic eq was fairy lollipop beer land

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ur wrong dude classic eq was fairy lollipop beer land
GM event! Spawn Thunder Spirits in EC that drop Uthgaard's brew and Lollipops!
Old 10-06-2010, 02:16 PM
Sarnak

Damn right about the GMs. I loved Valtron, but he was never able to be around except an hour or two a week. I remember some guilds having to call Sony (which was a nightmare in 99-00 during peak hours) to get an AGM to come form new guilds. I never... NEVER saw item compensations until 04. NEVER.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:55 PM
Banned

The bitching is classic. You bitching about the bitching is also classic. This thread sucks.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The bitching is classic. You bitching about the bitching is also classic. This thread sucks.
You complaining about a thread sucking because its complaining about complaining, which makes you complaining about complaining about complaining, is also classic.

Quote:
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:20 PM
Banned

that's so zen bro
Old 10-06-2010, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that's so zen bro
I was channeling a ninja

Quote:
Old 10-06-2010, 04:02 PM
Orc

great... now I gotta figure out where robe of fuckery drops :/
Closed Thread