Its fine, everyone should do it 64 52.89%
It is detrimental to the server health 12 9.92%
Should be limited to certain times/places 22 18.18%
No opinion at all 23 19.01%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 10:48 PM
Planar Protector

It's annoying when a PL session impacts your normal xp group's grind, yes. But it's part of the game, just like a 60 soloing frenzy even though you've got a group of 35-40s would like to do it.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:16 AM
Fire Giant

Simply put: Unrest and Mistmoore are the desired zones because they range from level 1-30 and mobs dont heal, very,very few casters, and in the case of unrest, dont even run so thorns can completely kill off all the mobs.

That's why those are the primest zones for brainless powerlevelling, and that won't change. You can sub in Eastkarana or Najena or Lavastorm or whatever but you arent going to be able to grind PL to 30 in one location like you can in unrest/mistmoore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:24 AM
Kobold

i <3 bubbles
Old 10-22-2012, 03:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Simply put: Unrest and Mistmoore are the desired zones because they range from level 1-30 and mobs dont heal, very,very few casters, and in the case of unrest, dont even run so thorns can completely kill off all the mobs.

That's why those are the primest zones for brainless powerlevelling, and that won't change. You can sub in Eastkarana or Najena or Lavastorm or whatever but you arent going to be able to grind PL to 30 in one location like you can in unrest/mistmoore.
Mistmoore is loaded with casters so I'm not sure where you got that. But sure, Unrest and Mistmoore are loved by PLers for the same reason that groups love them: high zems and dense mobs. So what? Suck it up and get 10% less XP rather than ruining the day of the groups that are XPing there.

Also the whole 'kunark mobs hit harder' just isn't true on 1999, in my experience every mob <= 50 hits for f(level) which doesn't depend on zone. The most important thing is ZEM.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 10-22-2012, 04:04 AM
Fire Giant

unrest is really just too good to pass up for a PL i try to do it during low pop times if im gonna but you can take someone 1-20 in 2 hours easily just rounding up whole zone with a DS and sitting down with topor on.
and since there all undead they dont run (what makes guk dangerous)

and its good for a few reasons
a) gives people who have PL classes a way to make money as they enter into the territory where they can PL.
b) lets people get over some frustrating humps in different classes to get to the place there interested in playing. (i.e. where a necro can out dmg there pet or damage and haste caps at 20 for melee)
c) is something people like to do w/ friends / guildies thats casual and fun at 60
Last edited by godbox; 10-22-2012 at 04:07 AM..
Old 10-22-2012, 04:42 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiker000 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i <3 bubbles
back at ya, bud [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mistmoore is loaded with casters so I'm not sure where you got that. But sure, Unrest and Mistmoore are loved by PLers for the same reason that groups love them: high zems and dense mobs. So what? Suck it up and get 10% less XP rather than ruining the day of the groups that are XPing there.

Also the whole 'kunark mobs hit harder' just isn't true on 1999, in my experience every mob <= 50 hits for f(level) which doesn't depend on zone. The most important thing is ZEM.
Let me rephrase : none of common mobs in mistmoore *heal*. Just the odd warder in the GY and like maybe the emotologist.

I am 100% on board with the concept that if anyone with a pulse in the actual levelling range of the area is trying to experience EQ like god intended, then yeah, don't be a weiner and move your camp elsewhere. Or at the least give them a full camp's worth of mobs.. and dont be stingy with the names (like a PLer is going to need a friggin savant cap or crested helm or whatever..)

All i was really answering was the original question of 'why are they in unrest and mistmoore and not spread out" which is: very few running mobs, very few casters (esp healers) and a large level range of mobs to continuously xp upon. Which, oddly enough, is exactly why NON PLers would prefer those zones too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:12 AM
Kobold

I don't have a problem with powerleveling. Never did on live either. I know some people like to play this game a certain way, and people are fine with that, so why is it not okay for someone else to play the game the way they want too?

If this is what they want and that's how they want to go about it then by all means let them. I didn't vote because your options are very one sided. I don't think "everyone should do it" like you say but I am just fine if anyone does it.

I do hope that they realize while they are powerleveling that there is certain zones that are packed. I don't think a person powerleveling should use MM for it. As long as they aren't gobbling up all the mobs people are trying to get. There are tons of places to p-level someone, use one that isn't a high trafficked area for those leveling the old fashioned way.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:27 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picked [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't have a problem with powerleveling. Never did on live either. I know some people like to play this game a certain way, and people are fine with that, so why is it not okay for someone else to play the game the way they want too?

If this is what they want and that's how they want to go about it then by all means let them. I didn't vote because your options are very one sided. I don't think "everyone should do it" like you say but I am just fine if anyone does it.

I do hope that they realize while they are powerleveling that there is certain zones that are packed. I don't think a person powerleveling should use MM for it. As long as they aren't gobbling up all the mobs people are trying to get. There are tons of places to p-level someone, use one that isn't a high trafficked area for those leveling the old fashioned way.
Thanks for getting in the conversation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Just want to point out that you seem to be somewhat conflicted on what you are trying to say... Allow me to point out:

You start out by saying you are OK with PLing, then justify your position by stating that they should "be able to play the game they way they want" .. BUT...

Then, you state that PLers should realize that (the way they want to play) in crowded zones could "gobble up all the mobs". So in turn means they are now preventing someone else from playing the game, the way they want...

So Picked, it would seem your opinion should be, "I think PLing is OK, but should be restricted in a way" Is that correct? (I only seek clarity to understand your argument)

Thanks! (Btw if that is your position, there is a spot to vote that opinion)
Last edited by Vladigan; 10-22-2012 at 11:29 AM..
Old 10-22-2012, 11:45 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Two LOLs -

1. Trying to 'restrict' powerleveling as if it isn't part of the whole social atmosphere that classic EQ was heavy on promoting

2. Having an option to vote about not having an opinion
1.) Classic EQ was also heavy on promotion two/multi-boxing as well, but has been denied here.

2.) FINALLY!! Someone figured out the joke! I have been LMAO at every person who voted "no opinion", since obviously they HAVE an opinion on the matter LOL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-22-2012, 11:53 AM
Fire Giant

two boxing is so drastically different from PLing...
I dont know anyone personally who has PL'd 1-60 on any toon even people with heavy PL 1-40 get in the mix on a level here and there. and once there of appropriate level a PL turns into a duo with drops going to 2 different people at least.

maybe its troll thread but I think seeing the devs take into consideration a change in varience has pushed other people to start fishing for other areas to try and whip up public support for another change. I never lvld high enough for AA's on live so I have no idea what they entail but dont try and draw a line PL to 2boxing
Closed Thread