Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 11:41 PM
Fire Giant

Default Time to Bernie Sanders this server with resists/dispell talk

What's the point of higher levels if every battle is 100% resistant to spells, without 1% chance of landing anything?

I propose a few Luclin FIXES (I say fixes because they simply didn't think of it until later or it would have been in earlier):

> Small % chance to land ANYTHING full dmg, regardless of resists
> Nullify magic line of spells dispells random buff order, so junk buffs still helps for chance of killing a junk one instead.

2 things and it changes the game for the good.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:48 PM
Fire Giant

Huh? Shit landing just fine so far, just about every class has a "lure" type of spell, figure out what it is and be better.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:57 PM
Planar Protector

Group with your friends who can debuff.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:53 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efwan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Huh? Shit landing just fine so far, just about every class has a "lure" type of spell, figure out what it is and be better.
Even lures don't even land. Ever fight Crap or Hateraid etc? Lures land but do no more than 20dmg.

If even lure spells only 1/100 land each hit, it's game mechanics and no longer a skill issue.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:58 AM
Fire Giant

Lol I knew it, you're not even 60. Please get to 60 then talk resists, hateraid just rains and leaves he never lures. Resists are fine.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:04 AM
Banned

uhh

lures certainly do land for 100% damage here

all the time

you literally cannot resist them
Old 10-13-2015, 01:06 AM
Sarnak

I doubt people are resisting lures, and i doubt people are partial resisting them for 20dmg. Sure he wasnt runed?

I dont think wizards have much to worry about other than raw hp values increasing.

Druids and other non lure nukers will have issues come the days of 200plus unbuffed resists.

Druids will adapt and play support with the new long range heal. I'm finding i heal more in pvp now range isnt an issue.

Necros have lures. Wizzies have lures. Mages are meh. Chanters have rapture. Shamans might have it rough.

Shrug.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
uhh

lures certainly do land for 100% damage here

all the time

you literally cannot resist them
X2
Old 10-13-2015, 01:10 AM
Banned

he must be thinking of draughts

draught of ice still lands sort of at 60, ice spear of solist and sunstrike both land a lot more

lures are king against well-geared players
Old 10-13-2015, 01:13 AM
Sarnak

Use your caster to farm plat and gear your melee just like everyone else has done on this server so you can play it on the supreme easy mode level.

1. Resist thresholds here are probably 20 points lower than they were on live. There was debate when this server opened as to whether any nuke could be completely resisted or could only be greatly diminished. Now you are completely immune at 150+.

2. Negative resist mods like on wiz spells don't work at all. Wizards were much more difficult to resist on live, not at all here.

3. On live higher resists lead to higher mitigation. Spells would land, but just for such low damage it was often pointless to cast. This is important because a group of casters could actually kill a high resist target with coordination. On here it is so easy to fully resist everything that becomes futile.

I know Haynar completely ruined PvP resists a few years ago, so I have to assume it was also his incompetence that lead to the current, super well thought out, 120 = zero resist to 150 = completely immune elemental resist spectrum.

I regularly landed high damage droughts on SZ in PvP groups where we could Malo/Mala the target. On here, it is so easy to resist that you can ignore anything but stacked debuffs and still take minimal damage.

Easier to resist + easier to get gear when raiding is only as complicated as scanning a wiki paragraph = good times for MeleeQuest
Closed Thread