Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 12:36 AM
Planar Protector

Default Blacksmithing Recipe Bug: Banded Mantle

Currently seeing a problem with Blacksmithing Recipe for Banded Mantle. Should be:
1x Mantle Sectional Mold
2x Sheet Metal
1x Water Flask

When I hit combine in the Forge I get the error 'These items cannot be combined in this container'. I double checked and everything was right, I did not have the metal stacked. I closed the forge and re-opened and was able to make 1 successful Banded Mantle.

However, the same bug persisted on next combine and the open / close of forge didn't work. Just same message about items not fitting in the container.

Please fix post haste! Thank you for all your hard work on this amazing project.

Sincerely,
Tradeskill Junkie Wedar
Old 10-17-2016, 07:19 AM
Planar Protector

I will add that last night I logged in and this recipe worked just fine without any error messages. Perhaps it is an intermittent issue? I'll try and post logs tonight of the instance I received those errors, I know I had done everything correctly.
Old 10-19-2016, 01:33 AM
Planar Protector

Still experiencing Blacksmithing Issues, particularly with container error messages. Today, I was breaking apart Blocks of High Quality Ore with my Smithing Chisel (should yield 2x Large Block of High Quality Ore). I was able to do 1 successful combine, it then returned 1x ore, my chisel, then my other ore. On next combine I got the error message. Below log post shows when I got my successful combine, and when and the following error messages. Between messages I open and close the forge to try again, to no use.

[Tue Oct 18 23:25:08 2016] You have fashioned the items together to create something new!
[Tue Oct 18 23:25:16 2016] You cannot combine these items in this container type!
[Tue Oct 18 23:25:28 2016] You cannot combine these items in this container type!

I then camp out and re-enter world...

[Tue Oct 18 23:26:08 2016] It will take about 5 more seconds to prepare your camp.
[Tue Oct 18 23:29:22 2016] Welcome to EverQuest!
[Tue Oct 18 23:29:22 2016] You have entered East Freeport.

I then can make TWO successful combines before erroring out....

[Tue Oct 18 23:29:55 2016] You have fashioned the items together to create something new!
[Tue Oct 18 23:30:03 2016] You have fashioned the items together to create something new!
[Tue Oct 18 23:30:12 2016] You cannot combine these items in this container type!

What's interesting, is I believe at the first combine I received back 1x ore, then 1x ore, and finally my Smithing Chisel. The 2nd time I believe it was 1x ore, Chisel, 1x ore. I believe at this point I switched a different receipe, adding a File + Large Brick of High Quality Ore + Water Flask into the Forge. I have some success for a while until errors again....

[Tue Oct 18 23:30:32 2016] You have fashioned the items together to create something new!
[Tue Oct 18 23:30:44 2016] You have fashioned the items together to create something new!
[Tue Oct 18 23:30:53 2016] You have fashioned the items together to create something new!
[Tue Oct 18 23:31:02 2016] You cannot combine these items in this container type!

One last tidbit... when I would do the Block of High Quality Ore + Smithing Chisel, and receive back items on successful combine, I'd put them in a Backpack I was using to gather the items. When I got an error, I moved Block of High Quality Ore + Smithing Chisel to a Bag of the Tinkerers elsewhere then camp out. I am fairly certain when I entered back into world the Smithing Chisel was BACK in the backpack and not in my Tink bag. Likewise, I'm not 100% sure, but The Block of High Quality Ore that I moved to the Tink bag after error message had then converted into a Brick of Large Quality Ore.

I hope this information helps in tracking down the bug... if I had to guess (and my programming knowledge is novice at best), the forge is still tracking a variable / object within it after certain combines and it is not resetting, so when other items are added it in the recipe isn't adding up properly, or maybe leaving a null value somewhere in there (again, not sure how the forge tracks stuff within it). Yet that doesn't explain the Smithing Chisel jumping bag positions and the ore changing property after camping out / in. Best leave it to you experts to noodle over!

Thanks again for your hard work on this amazing project!
Old 10-19-2016, 01:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quick correction on when I believe the Ore changed states in my bag after camping out / in... the Block of High Quality Ore converted to a Large Brick of High Quality Ore (not a Brick of Large Quality ore that I stated... so late for me).
Old 11-06-2016, 04:43 PM
Developer

Changes have been made to tradeskills for the upcoming patch.

I have not looked into this specifically yet but if you can confirm that it is still a problem (after the next patch) then I will investigate it further.
Closed Thread