Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 10:00 PM
Fire Giant

^^^what sarius said without having to type it. If they aren't paying for content they are free to take more. That goes for any guild. This system promotes choice, the guilds have to pursue what they need the most, not just collect everything because they have more accounts.
Abomination Snowman - 60 Grave Lord
Proud owner of Innoruuk's Curse that did NOT come from TMO's bank or RMT.
Niluvien Forestwalker - 52 Ranger
Russled Jimmies - 54 Wizard
Old 12-27-2013, 10:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If they do not have to spend points on VP then they can just continue to lock down Trak and vs and cock-block epics
Vs is kinda boned unless you rotate it. Its an easy to get to mob.

If nobody has stuck a raid force in/near the bottom of seb you have a good a chance as anybody.

For once I am trying to not sound like a communist!

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Last edited by radditsu; 12-27-2013 at 10:02 PM.. Reason: I suck is why
Old 12-27-2013, 10:04 PM
Fire Giant

VS is an easy mob, but VS also costs half a guilds allocation of points. Sure, they can kill VS and trak. These leaves other guilds to take every other mob, VP included. That's the choice they made on engage.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:05 PM
Fire Giant

Fosters competition because guilds will still be after epic mobs, trak leys, etc this system doesn't HAND mobs to guilds. It makes them work for what they want to kill. Every guild on the server still wants epic mobs, but if TMO cleared VP and FE killed trak for keys, every other guild can now compete with a guild not named TMO for epic mobs.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How does this system foster competition? I'm slow, sorry
You spend points as you kill mobs. You still race. You still work against guilds. You just agree to leave it alone after your guild gets its bag limit.

Old 12-27-2013, 10:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by radditsu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You spend points as you kill mobs. You still race. You still work against guilds. You just agree to leave it alone after your guild gets its bag limit.
Nicely put, cleaner than my post.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yinikren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
VS is an easy mob, but VS also costs half a guilds allocation of points. Sure, they can kill VS and trak. These leaves other guilds to take every other mob, VP included. That's the choice they made on engage.
I just do not like the fact that one persons epic mob is better than anothers epic mob. And they all drop non Epic stuff too. Fact: some epics are harder. But this is chance at one or two extra shots at a mob a month.

There is a reason vs and trak become spawnable in velious.

Old 12-27-2013, 10:13 PM
Aviak

If everyone has an Epic weapon are they really "Epic" anymore or just another random quest.

The idea behind "Epic" weapons were that only the top people on the server would have them. This everyone should have a shot at epics is crap..

I am all for giving raid mobs to all the raiding guilds provided they "Work" for them.. (Not meaning we need to continue like we are with TMO/FE/IB camping out and running in the second any mob spawns)

I am not for giving mobs like Trakanon to "Carebares R Us" just because they asked for a spot in a silly rotation or had 400 tokens to spend after playing wack-a-mole for 6 months.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Maybe VP should not count then. In the spirits of competition, guilds should have to work to get into VP and that means putting in more work for Trak. We just need to do something about anti-camp radius or something.
Yeah a couple of times I said a no raidforce in seb would have to be agreed upon.

Old 12-27-2013, 10:15 PM
Planar Protector

Point system needs a much better tiered system per raid target than what some of you are suggesting. It's not about limiting a guild to 1 or 2 targets. it's about making them choose between a few high value targets, a bunch of low value targets, or a mix, but keeping any one guild from having a monopoly. While also mixing in some strategy for low level and high level guilds.

I see no reason why a guild should not be able to kill pd, vs, trak and inny in a single week, but i do see a reason why they shouldn't be able to take all of VP, ct, vs, trak, inny, fay, naggy, vox, and tal in a single week.
Closed Thread