Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 09:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by forensic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No roleplayers huh?
There's RP. Greengrocer, Borf, and Juntsie are three names that immediately come to mind as really huge roleplay gods on this server. Greengrocer is a world-travelling meat vendor collecting rare and exotic cuisine from all across the globe and selling it out of EC, Juntsie is a troll lawyer mediating end-game conflicts, the defense of the accused in GM stings, and the like, and Borf is the leader of <Clan Borf>, the best class C guild under 10 people on the server (not actually a class C guild, but we roleplay them as one because they assisted in a class C kill one time and it's fun to take things as far as they'll go). He is a tremendously powerful shaman and a force to be reckoned with, but recently there's been some discussion over his leadership of Clan Borf, as the guild charter dictates any who defeat the guild master in single combat are granted lordship over the clan, and Borf was recently defeated by Filbus Furyfoot, the famed halfling warrior and slaughterer of everything that moves, but Filbus declined leadership of Clan Borf. I believe some discussion was had over Filbus assuming a council position in the guild through a proxy. I don't know if it was ever resolved.

<Harbingers of Thule> is an iksar-only RP guild dedicated to the destruction of Norrath. They do a lot of standing in front of things hissing at people. They have a guild website at www.harbingersofthule.com .

Filbus and I write roleplay stories that we share here on the boards. I'll go ahead and link them below if you want to read them.

More roleplayers are definitely needed on the server and on the forum; if you choose to go that route definitely keep in touch.

Roleplay threads by me and Filbus (in consecutive order so they make sense):

Dial A Port: Out of Control Thugs?? :
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ighlight=Thugs

The Horror of Runnyeye :
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=159727

A Halfling's Odyssey :
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=161728

The Grocer's Escape! :
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=162824

The Human, The Halfling, and the Ugly :
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=165478

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Last edited by Kekephee; 09-22-2014 at 09:10 PM..
Old 09-22-2014, 09:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by forensic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No roleplayers huh?
if only someone would start a <Roleplay Guild> where everyone you met was some lost son of mistmore, or a cyborsex hunting woodelf, or a long lost king of kings.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:12 PM
Fire Giant

So much fun now that the staff regulates the raid scene

ie You can engage talendor once every other tuesday during a full moon with a rogue if he/she was camped out in antonica in advance
Old 09-22-2014, 10:26 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Quote:
No roleplayers huh?
They fall into the third category!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekephee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
many good words
Love it. Especially the Harbingers. If they are still around I will need to pay them a visit.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your non-raiders (AKA - Everyone else, tunnel rats, item farmers) - Content to amass a platinum empire, or simply farm shiny tradeable's with their friends, these players don't care much for the raid scene and aren't concerned with seeing the biggest baddies with the best loot. Many, many people fall into this category - truth be told, there are likely as many or more of these kinds of players than there are raiders. Whether gearing up an alt or just hanging out with friends, this is a popular choice here on Project 1999.
Class N(on-Factor) is best class.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by capco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Druids aren't really a great end-game class.
Yeah it sure does suck when druids charm apes in PoFear!
Old 09-23-2014, 02:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by capco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I think of end-game classes, I think of Warrior, Enchanter, Shaman, Cleric, Monk, Bard, and Rogue.

Again, looking solely at the end-game, Ranger, SK, and Pally are all pretty bad options as well. You may as well call them Death Touch takers.

If you just want to have some fun pre-50, I would roll an SK or Pally. Warriors can be good too but don't really come into their own until 50+, but once you get there they are very much worth it.

Imo, you should have at least one char in your mind for the end-game, and then do whatever you want with the rest of your chars.
Old 09-23-2014, 02:11 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekephee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's RP. Greengrocer, Borf, and Juntsie are three names that immediately come to mind as really huge roleplay gods on this server. Greengrocer is a world-travelling meat vendor collecting rare and exotic cuisine from all across the globe and selling it out of EC, Juntsie is a troll lawyer mediating end-game conflicts, the defense of the accused in GM stings, and the like, and Borf is the leader of <Clan Borf>, the best class C guild under 10 people on the server (not actually a class C guild, but we roleplay them as one because they assisted in a class C kill one time and it's fun to take things as far as they'll go). He is a tremendously powerful shaman and a force to be reckoned with, but recently there's been some discussion over his leadership of Clan Borf, as the guild charter dictates any who defeat the guild master in single combat are granted lordship over the clan, and Borf was recently defeated by Filbus Furyfoot, the famed halfling warrior and slaughterer of everything that moves, but Filbus declined leadership of Clan Borf. I believe some discussion was had over Filbus assuming a council position in the guild through a proxy. I don't know if it was ever resolved.

<Harbingers of Thule> is an iksar-only RP guild dedicated to the destruction of Norrath. They do a lot of standing in front of things hissing at people. They have a guild website at www.harbingersofthule.com .

Filbus and I write roleplay stories that we share here on the boards. I'll go ahead and link them below if you want to read them.

More roleplayers are definitely needed on the server and on the forum; if you choose to go that route definitely keep in touch.

Roleplay threads by me and Filbus (in consecutive order so they make sense):

Dial A Port: Out of Control Thugs?? :
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ighlight=Thugs

The Horror of Runnyeye :
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=159727

A Halfling's Odyssey :
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=161728

The Grocer's Escape! :
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=162824

The Human, The Halfling, and the Ugly :
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=165478
Thanks!
Old 09-23-2014, 02:16 AM
Banned

fun
Old 09-23-2014, 02:40 AM
Banned

If you want to RP, try communicating with people in /say as though your character were talking, not you. This means there will be different motivations and concerns.

Recently, Keke and I went to Rivervale to get blackout drunk. On the way in, I saw a troll shaman attacking Deputy Percin, a kind of shitty deputy. But, he is my cousin. I managed to convince the troll with words (and a little plat) to leave Rivervale alone that night.

Simply reach out with some flavor and you will be surprised by how many people on this server are capable roleplayers. It's a very rewarding experience. We don't need a <Roleplay Guild> to do that, do we? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

end game is a drama-filled pixel frenzy - you can make any class work for you, but druid is not traditionally strong
Last edited by captnamazing; 09-23-2014 at 02:44 AM..
Closed Thread