Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

I love how Zeelot leads the way by playing the victim and the rest of the TMO responses here follow that general template.

"Oh boo hoo we're just so singled out and victimized, the GMs hate us, wahh wahh"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:09 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Ill admit that Froovy and Internode were some of our best members. Internode was the botb Ranger and showed skill and class on any character he was on. Guy was upstanding, professional, and at one time a duper. Froovy was kind, helpful and exemplified every quality you would want in a guildmate let alone an enchanter and at one time he was a duper, maybe he still is.
As for Sentenza and Crazyeyes, both of those guys are assholes but can be forgiven. Maybe not CE because i dont know who owns him now.
The Mystical Order is made up of good people willing to fight for the benefit of their Guild. Sometimes we come off as douchebags and nothing we can do will change that to the have-nots.
In Two Weeks I hope we are still alive and fighting.

Desmo
Old 12-20-2013, 11:12 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I have been on this server for years, enjoying reliving my past glory’s, spending what time I have as a grown adult to level my single character. It’s been a blast, but was has truly saddened and frustrated me over the years is viewing all these threads slagging each other off, RnF or not. Ladies and Gents, it’s a game most of us played 14 years ago, why are you still behaving like the kids you were then? Truly sad, I really do wonder what my non-gaming mates would say if they read some of these comments in these posts… ‘sad bastards’ comes to mind!

I don’t often post on these forums, but I do read them often. And this post today has urged me to post for once.

Zeelot I have heard you’re a good guy, and that goes for some TMO members too, but unfortunately not all of your members are the same. You have a chance to start something off and be remembered for something bigger then TMO, you could be known as the person that made this server truly great for the whole community.

All im asking that you kindly do is think about the community, and why this server was created. It was built by the community leaders for the community. You claim your guild only goes by the rules, and it’s these rules which make you horde end game content (which your mains do not need), which ultimately means the rest of the EQ loving community don’t get to see the end game they once did or never had the chance to do.

Please explain to me the reasons why TMO feel the need to monopolise content and not share with the community? It’s an emulated server meant for everyone to enjoy all aspect of the game.

Competition is certainly classic, by its very nature it is the way it was designed, but this doesn’t mean the community are not allowed to come to a gentleman’s agreement and share! I just cannot understand why it brings more joy to you and your guild mates to batphone all hours of the day to kill stuff that you don’t need, with a force so large in numbers that it means all content isn’t a challenge… where is the drive and motivation… it’s not really for items, nor is it for the challenge?

Take for example epics, I for one want to quest mine from start to finish, you know, to get that feeling of achievement which EQ was once all about, and it did a tremendous job of making you feel that way. I can 100% say every single player on this server felt this back on live at some point, whether it was finally killing Ambassador DVinn in CB, or getting your first bit of planar armour, to then clearing your first plane, killing your first dragon etc.

I certainly didn’t come to play classic EQ to get my feeling of achievement by buying the bits I need for my epic because a few guilds monopolise the content.. Far from it, I joined to relive my past adventures and get that feeling of achievement once more, and actually downing each and every mob in order to earn them. But alas I have a real life, and therefore have a lot less time on my hands now that im a grown adult. So as it stands on this server, the few are blocking the majority of the P1999 community in doing what was meant to be a project for everyone. Why in today’s day and age can I not as a semi casual player get a shot at 14 year old content?

The arguments based on more time put in = more rewards is very true in most things, including RL. So yes you do have a claim to do this content, you have earnt it, but why would you continue to prevent other guilds at enjoying content that you do not need, it’s just not logical except purely for greed and selfish reasons. That’s where I come back to the community, EQ is a community, ALL the top guilds need to act like one so we can all enjoy it, simple as that.

I for one hope the ‘less hardcore’ players with lives outside EQ are given the opportunity by the community to enjoy all the content that Rogean, Nilbog etc have provided. I also hope that the GM’s reflect on my post and have the strength and fortitude to stand fast in their commitment to making this server something for the entire community once more. And if needs be, enforce a method which ensures that all raid level guilds get a chance at all content, a chance to feel achievement once more, a chance to relive our misspent youth.

Merry Christmas
Last edited by Briac; 12-20-2013 at 11:19 AM..
Old 12-20-2013, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love how Zeelot leads the way by playing the victim and the rest of the TMO responses here follow that general template.

"Oh boo hoo we're just so singled out and victimized, the GMs hate us, wahh wahh"
Even better is how he titled his post to the same thing as Rogean's, perhaps in an effort to divert attention from the real story to his victim story. A mod should add Re: to the begining of this thread title, imo.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:14 AM
Sarnak

Looking forward to a GM response to Zee's post here. Rogean calling out a guild in this manner has no precedent that I'm aware of - I understand the hammer coming down but I'm eagerly awaiting new details here... Is any more information available on the extent of the duping on Froovy/Internode or can logs be provided that show just how much they duped? Froovy has said it was a few platinum bars or something like that but who knows. Also wondering how many of those 86 accounts actually are confirmed using some sort of exploit or breaking server rules? I'd be curious. Personally, my accounts are intact because I never shared my info... but I'm very disappointed by all of this shit coming out.
Last edited by Fountree; 12-20-2013 at 11:17 AM..
Old 12-20-2013, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

my hatred for uber guilds in general goes far beyond any incidents involving TMO.

as far as I'm concerned, it wouldn't be classic for me without having uber guilds around to hate. so, i guess i should thank them for donating so much of their poop sock time to enhance my life on p1999.

it wouldn't be classic without you.

people have had accounts banned on p1999 for minor RMT offenses. i hope the staff treats the real offenders with the same type of rule enforcement.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Mystical Order is made up of good people willing to fight for the benefit of their Guild.
It would be swell if some of those good people could quit being so self-interested and think about fighting just once for the benefit of the Server, instead.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looking forward to a GM response to Zee's post here. Rogean calling out a guild in this manner has no precedent that I'm aware of - I understand the hammer coming down but I'm eagerly awaiting new details here... Is any more information available on the extent of the duping on Froovy/Internode or can logs be provided that show just how much they duped? Froovy has said it was a few platinum bars or something like that but who knows. Also wondering how many of those 86 accounts actually are confirmed using some sort of exploit or breaking server rules? I'd be curious.
You obviously have never played on red then
Old 12-20-2013, 11:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You obviously have never played on red then
Heh, nope. Got a lvl 4 cleric on there I think but probably played on there a handful of hours total.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looking forward to a GM response to Zee's post here. Rogean calling out a guild in this manner has no precedent that I'm aware of - I understand the hammer coming down but I'm eagerly awaiting new details here... Is any more information available on the extent of the duping on Froovy/Internode or can logs be provided that show just how much they duped? Froovy has said it was a few platinum bars or something like that but who knows. Also wondering how many of those 86 accounts actually are confirmed using some sort of exploit or breaking server rules? I'd be curious. Personally, my accounts are intact because I never shared my info... but I'm very disappointed by all of this shit coming out.
The sheer level of entitlement displayed in Z's post and this post is astonishing. This is not your server. Your guild is not P99. People are here for classic experience, not to have their guild's websites hacked and RL photos to taken to public forums or to be trolled in game (and in their real lives). Unreal.