Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 02:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you let anyone kill anything to relive their classic experience?
Did you play classic EQ? Do you know that most people didn't even get high 50s during Kunark, let alone epics? I'm not arguing that TMO kills most of the content, just saying that argument is meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A ton of people from all guilds give away items to newbies and help them level. Woop
I never said I was in an exclusive club. Was just pointing out gross exaggerations. Just labeling everyone as something because they are in a guild that mobilizes quickly for pixels seems a little far fetched.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 12-21-2013, 02:12 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millburn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's always a caveat with you guys, if you're not going to get on your knees and beg forgiveness then shut up and ride the storm. It's not about the past and your predecessors, it's about what transpired in the present. Y'all were almost disbanded as a guild, shit is serious. Accept it, internalize it, and then start making amends with the server you all have shat on.

This is not just about exploits, re-read the whole post by Rogean. Time to start on a new path you guys.

Oh high horse. Preach on, your history and expertise in the manner of all of this warrants that we all give a fuck!

I shall get right on that rereading...
Old 12-21-2013, 02:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellapse36 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eccezan would of had some of his accounts banned BUT all of Tmo hates him and has him on ignore so hard to share info when you cannot communicate.

He needs some try some of those sour beaners...fits his mood from having no Efriends
Old 12-21-2013, 02:14 AM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-21-2013, 02:15 AM
Fire Giant

Hey relapsee, pro tip, quoting yourself wont make people think your posts are worth a damn. Lol
Sarnak

dammit rellapse
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccezan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh high horse. Preach on, your history and expertise in the manner of all of this warrants that we all give a fuck!

I shall get right on that rereading...
I'll just take you at face value and assume you're writing your apology. I look forward to reading it.

Seriously though,

Page 62 Status Update

Still no apology

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 12-21-2013, 02:17 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanforce [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hahhhhhhhahh. Omg, I'm a TMO member, and I have to agree, you win today's forum quest by a long margin. I was laughing my ass off the entire time. Well played sir.

That being said, all of those expecting a formal TMO apology, get real. This was a tiny subset of our guild that cheated. TMO collectively had nothing to do with this. These assholes cheated, got caught, deservingly got perma-banned, and are dragging our guild name through the mud right now. The guild overall had nothing to do with this cheating. If others were part of it, they too would be logged, caught, and banned. Though formerly trusted members are gone, we are glad the cheaters got caught.

I'm wondering, why are y'all expecting a formal apology? The officers did not know what was going on. If they were part of the scheme, they would have been banned too. The GMs have clear logs of the events that transpired, which is why these two individuals got caught, banned, and immediately fessed up within our own forums. I wish they would post a formal apology on these forums for you all to circle jerk around, but that is probably not going to happen. The members had no part in this and no clue what was going on. If they did, they too would have been banned (and yes, I think perma-bans for these people was the perfect choice of action from the GMs).

When FE/IB clearly trained at trak last week and received a 5 day suspension, I never saw a single formal apology from the FE/IB leadership. They cried and said "oooohh no, TMO did it first, it was justified". It was a single member of the guild that stepped out of line, and the entire guild got punished.

Our entire guild is getting punished right now with a two week suspension, and numerous accounts being banned due to misplaced trust. This is all from the actions of two members, not the collective guild. Do we deserve a suspension? In my opinion, probably. But I know the majority of you agree that the answer is: Hell yea!

You are probably right. The few that step out of line can hurt the entire guild, just like we see in training/raid interference incidents. But, please, give me a break. I'm not going to step up and apologize for Froovy being a cheater. That is his own prerogative, if he wants to go there.

The guild is not in the wrong, but we have been punished for the actions of our members accordingly. Give it a rest on the request for an apology.
The fact that only two people were actually doing the duping doesn't mean that only two people knew about it / benefitted from it. Your entire guild has constructed a narrative that is as innocuous as possible given the facts. The facts are that two of your oldest, most active members were found to be systematically exploiting, and 86 accounts were linked to the cheating parties.

Whether other people knew or were involved is purely speculation with no factual underpinning. Whether the owners of some or all of those 86 accounts knew or were involved is pure guesswork. There was no reason to perform the dupe on more than one or two accounts. That doesn't make every other account clean.

This is why everyone is coming down on TMO. Because you're trying to spin this bullshit tale about how 84/86 accounts were innocent, and the habitual cheating was totally isolated to two members, who happened to be some of the most trusted and respected in your entire guild. You don't know that for a fact, so stop saying it. You have no idea. You trusted Froovy and Internode, and now you're willfully admitting they were cheaters. The fact that you trust the rest of your members and officers when they assure you they didn't know means nothing.

TMO is contaminated. Purge the linked accounts.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:17 AM
Banned

Just wanted you to respond in a sour beaner sort of way

mission accomplished, thanks
Old 12-21-2013, 02:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you play classic EQ? Do you know that most people didn't even get high 50s during Kunark, let alone epics? I'm not arguing that TMO kills most of the content, just saying that argument is meh.
Yep I did play and it wasn't nearly as terrible. I was also on Innoruuk server where people weren't complete assholes all the time. You had the top couple guilds competing for firsts and then farm status; after that it was rotations which has been proven in some previous thread here. Was in one of the top 3? or 4? guilds at the time and a reasonable amount of us had epics of every class, even ones that are cockblocked super hardcore here. It wasn't nearly this bad on live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never said I was in an exclusive club. Was just pointing out gross exaggerations. Just labeling everyone as something because they are in a guild that mobilizes quickly for pixels seems a little far fetched.
Nope it's completely within the scope to label you all the same. If you all weren't there doing the same thing, TMO wouldn't be a dark cloud shitting all over the server every day. Be as nice as you want to anyone you want outside the raid scene. As you can see, it doesn't make a difference when what you're really about is portrayed as you shit all over everyone else for pixels, or more for denying pixels and fun to others.