Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 10:07 PM
Planar Protector

Default Green rogues: how is it?

Are groups always itching to have you? What sort of piercers are you using? How does your damage stack up so far against mages, necros, monks, warriors?
Old 10-29-2019, 10:14 PM
Sarnak

Created a bunch of toons on 10/25, among them a halfling rogue. After trying innothule, gfay, and freeport, i found misty to be the most enjoyable experience, so the rogue is what i played over the weekend. Currently level 10 (finally) for that sweet sweet backstab. Using a 5/25 rapier purchased from the guild vendor, planning to dump my meager plat savings on a combine spear once I have enough.

I'm hoping the grouping experience gets a bit better. I left misty around level 8 or so, and struggled to find pick up groups in the commonlands area, but have had some productive bursts here and there. Hoping as I level into the teens and get dual wield and double attack that my dps will start to be more attractive.

Once issue i've noticed is that tanks can't really hold aggro yet - taunt is a joke, and pally/sk's are just starting to get to spell level in the groups i've been in. Also evade doesn't seem to be a thing yet, so when I pull aggro (wearing patch hide armor!) it stings.
Old 10-29-2019, 10:25 PM
Planar Protector

Cool, that sounds about like I expected. Rogue was a 3rd or 4th choice for me on Friday, but concerns about ONLY being able to exp in groups scared me away. Love the thene of rogues though and screwing around with poison just for the roleplay flavor. Maybe I'll end up with a rogue side project soon.

At least combat skills come nice and early for rogues compared to the other nonwarrior melees!
Old 10-29-2019, 10:29 PM
Planar Protector

As an aside rogue is really fun to play with a xbox controller its pretty chill in those groups.
Old 10-29-2019, 10:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are groups always itching to have you? What sort of piercers are you using? How does your damage stack up so far against mages, necros, monks, warriors?
1. Yes but there isnt any tanks and im always chasing something snared and it's irritating

2. I'm using a merchant purchased "Spear"

3. i was backstabbing for 36 DMG @ Level 10
Old 10-29-2019, 10:37 PM
Planar Protector

I feel you, bazia. I spent quite a bit of time with my blue rogue in duos or trios that were fear kiting. Effective but maddening. I fucking HATED chasing stuff and staying right in melee range, even when stuff was snared. Instrument bonus bard snare was the only one strong enough to slow them down enough to make it almost bearable.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 10-29-2019 at 10:39 PM..
Old 10-29-2019, 10:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel you, bazia. I spent quite a bit of time with my blue rogue in duos or trios that were fear kiting. Effective but maddening. I fucking HATED chasing stuff and staying right in melee range, even when stuff was snared. Instrument bonus bard snare was the only one strong enough to slow them down enough to make it almost bearable.
yeah im a few levels in and not caring for it
Old 10-30-2019, 03:51 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Groups don't seem to be itching to have me -- but I don't have a hard time getting into groups. I'm only level 9 though. So No backstab. Pre backstab, rogue isn't really dps. I don't have double attack, dual wield, or anything that marks up my dps. So... I usually keep quiet about that and hope no one notices my dps isn't doing much. I stay behind mobs while tanks are tanking, to give them the illusion I'm doing something. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by LaughingOnTheSun; 10-30-2019 at 03:54 AM..
Old 10-30-2019, 03:55 AM
Aviak

Not had much of a problem finding a group. Most players seem friendly and eager to help. Knowing the zone, the spawn points and timers and generally being an efficient player seems to be the key thing right now.
Old 10-30-2019, 06:36 AM
Kobold

I'm having a blast playing a rogue. I rolled him up on day one & now he's level 7. I've had groups constantly & everyone's been working really well together.

Will the DPS hold up? I don't know. But I do know that I'm having a ton of fun.

I'm a human so the night blindness thing is kind of crappy.
Closed Thread