Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 06:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roanoke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a difference between "having an issue with development" and wanting to know what's going on with future development since we haven't heard anything in a while.

This thread is a good start to having a civil, open conversation WITHOUT starting a flame war over the "if you don't like it leave" mentality. We all like it, that's why we're here.
Pretty sure Admins have access to the forums, if they had wanted to say something it would be there.

The sense of entitlement for a FREE server is kind of odd imo.

Just because he threw in a sentence saying "We appreciate what you do." doesn't really negate the fact he is acting like he is entitled to an answer after 6 months.
Last edited by Bazia; 10-09-2011 at 06:04 PM..
Old 10-09-2011, 06:03 PM
Planar Protector

Why is it that if something affects the top two guilds only it gets more attention than something that affects the four guilds that aren't at the top? Why are things like hoop nerfs, VP, and so on being addressed when things like the outrageously long variance aren't even being looked at? I guarantee that the latter issue has had for more of a detrimental impact on the health of the server and the raid scene than intentionally not releasing VP.

I'm not trying to be rude to you Shiftin, my impression is that you also think the variance is too long, but if the raiding guilds can't get together to carve out a compromise that's better than having to track raid mobs through un-classic 96 hour long windows, I doubt any acceptable compromise is going to be reached over VP any time soon.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 10-09-2011, 06:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roanoke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a difference between "having an issue with development" and wanting to know what's going on with future development since we haven't heard anything in a while.

This thread is a good start to having a civil, open conversation WITHOUT starting a flame war over the "if you don't like it leave" mentality. We all like it, that's why we're here.
Thank you. This is exactly what I was going for.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:21 PM
Planar Protector

A post crying about how people hit the end of content and are now losing interest so gms better hurry up and push out one more zone so they can max up on that and then end up at the same spot!

If you aren't interested in playing once you cleared everything then there is no point in the staff rushing to give you one last thing. It's likely detrimental to the server since holding out on that one last promise gives people something to come back to. Vp drops your guild comes back plays for a month or two and then cries about Velious.

It's a free server run by people on their own free time. In my opinion to complain about how that suits YOU is selfish. What is it that gives you the right to question this people? What have you personally done to provide them with equal compensation?

I think it's also fair to mention that this whole progression issue you are getting so self righteous about has likely already been tainted due to the blatant use of third party programs embraced by the raiding population of this server. I think that experienced players being the majority of the server further skews it from the classic experience because the people that are playing know just about every thing you would want to know in order to be successful in this game.

In closing your argument is moot, self righteous, and disgraceful.

Shame on you
Old 10-09-2011, 06:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not trying to be rude to you Shiftin, my impression is that you also think the variance is too long, but if the raiding guilds can't get together to carve out a compromise that's better than having to track raid mobs through un-classic 96 hour long windows, I doubt any acceptable compromise is going to be reached over VP any time soon.

What are you talking about exactly? This was worked out between TMO and TR a month ago.

Edit: From the original post:
Quote:
Rogean told us privately the day of the patch to come to an agreement regarding VP. Both sides made concessions and we presented a plan for a modified, time-limited rotation to rogean that same weekend. It was basically instantly rejected and we were told Nilbog wanted to talk to us about it. The compromise gave ZERO weight to the fact that TR had a raid force capable of probably clearing VP months before anyone else even killed Trakanon. As much as this pissed off my own guild, who understandably felt we should have first crack at the zone since we were fully keyed first, we thought getting any sort of plan out there in hopes of the zone opening was better than nothing.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure Admins have access to the forums, if they had wanted to say something it would be there.

The sense of entitlement for a FREE server is kind of odd imo.

Just because he threw in a sentence saying "We appreciate what you do." doesn't really negate the fact he is acting like he is entitled to an answer after 6 months.
Read into things less.

There's nothing wrong with asking questions. VP affects more than just the top two guilds, it affects the general progression of the server.

Sure the admins don't owe us anything, even an explanation, but P99 would be slightly boring to develop for if there wasn't anyone here to play. Player concern shows interest in what's going on behind the scenes. Skew that into some strange outlook all you want. The OP sounds like he's trying to get an answer without filling up every thread with "WHERE VP?!!!?" like the rest of the community.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcbard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are you talking about exactly? This was worked out between TMO and TR a month ago.
Note I said "acceptable" compromise.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 10-09-2011, 06:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostbitter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It's a free server run by people on their own free time. In my opinion to complain about how that suits YOU is selfish. What is it that gives you the right to question this people?

In closing your argument is moot, self righteous, and disgraceful.

Shame on you
Old 10-09-2011, 06:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
The OP sounds like he's trying to get an answer without filling up every thread with "WHERE VP?!!!?" like the rest of the community.
His post is the exact same thing as those posts.

It's just dressed up with excuses for his sense of entitlement and threats of lowered population.

It's a fancied up, passive-aggressive "WHERE VP?!!?" post.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:29 PM
Banned

I hope VP is never released so the top guilds learn their lesson about being pieces of shit.
Closed Thread