Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 10:52 PM
Fire Giant

The first time i ever played EQ(or had a computer) was in 2000. My cousin who introduced me to eq had a Barbarian shaman. Once i started i was hooked. I played more in three days than he had played in...how ever long he had been playing.
I made a dwarf paladin. Honestly, the only reason i chose a paladin is because when i was making my first toon my cousin was there and i asked him, "What's a Paladin?" His answer was close to, "Imagine a warrior with all the skills of a wizard." Yah, he got that way wrong. I would have been better off being a warrior.
When i was level 9 i decided to travel to Halas to go see my cousin. My ingame friend decided to go with me. She was a 12 high elf mage. We began our journey from Gfay. We had no idea where we were going or how to get there. We hadnt got to the point of looking up maps. We managed to get to EK, and somehow my friend found some to try and help us get through the karanas. Halfway through NK we all got killed and my friends had to log. I managed to get myself to WK and followed the road until i came upon some humans standing in the road...they were bandits. I died and found myself in HHK.
A halfelf Paladin offered to get me to Qeynos. We headed out and I found out there were buffs for run speed...I found this out cuz the pally had asked someone for a sow but i didnt know any better. So he clicked off his Sow and we rsn together to NK. I remember halfway through a griffon(or something close) attacked us and i asked if he needed help. Of course a level 9 paladin couldnt do anything, but i didnt know that. He said he thought he could handle it, and it turns out he could and we headed on. I was prepared to forget my corpse and just get to halas, but a little ways into WK the pally asked where i had died. I told him i died on the road a little ways in(i didnt know bandints were a thing or that they would be there again). He ran me all the way to my body and then the rest of the way to qeynos.
Eventually i found my way to Everfrost peaks and met up with my cousin. It was a tad anticlimactic. He hardly played and i spent my time in BB. Eventually i went to oasis, and the story goes on.
Old 03-28-2017, 11:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Account [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
going with 5 RL friends to south karana to hopefully kill gnolls ( we were all 28-29 )

we managed to kill a gnoll but it got 3 of us , we ate our exp deaths and went back to unrest.
lol.
Old 03-28-2017, 11:16 PM
Sarnak

Mana burn wizards getting together to blow targets once a day. Was very funny and good cash. WTB Luclin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
It is not a server that allows you to just show up and press the "free loot" button, and it's not a server that rewards you for simply existing.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:20 AM
Orc

I was on the rathe when that went down. Blood of the spider.
Old 04-04-2017, 02:51 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Being cold irl when first playing beta and running around Halas and EverFrost.

Finding Blackburrow by accident.

Running from Qeynos to Freeport at level 14 with no help ( completing the fleshy orb quest just to receive a janky fs short sword).

Orc Hill.
Old 04-05-2017, 03:06 PM
Banned

navigating kelethin as a brand new player
Old 04-05-2017, 05:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEWLGET [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
navigating kelethin as a brand new player
Aw...now that's classic! Are you new around here? Seem like a Good Guy.
Old 04-05-2017, 06:08 PM
Orc

Found out that NPCs will pick up dropped items the hard way while trying to drop transfer most of my net worth in qcat near the shark tank.

Two faithful EQ companions port over immediately and an epic fight with Omorb and Timvu ensues. They die, somehow I survive and discover that items "picked up" by NPCs poof instantly.

The resulting faction hits made me kos to the rogue guild in Qeynos and I was killed a short time later in Crow's Tavern.

Brawnwynn/Chelios I will never forget your brave sacrifices nor your awkward in-game romance
Old 05-03-2017, 03:32 PM
Aviak

Orc hill at 4am, waves of waves of orcs, only myself and another dude left standing. Orc hill is where shit gets real.
Old 05-03-2017, 05:31 PM
Sarnak

All of this as my Paladin Gathorn on E'ci.

Soloing Hadden as a newbie after a long long camp and getting the earring to drop.
Joining a high-end guild and completing the 10th Ring War.
Killing Vindi and looting the chestplate.
Partaking in the server 2nd AoW kill.
Looting Sontalak's talisman for my ST key and shortly after getting my Primal Lance.
Closed Thread