Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 08:32 AM
Planar Protector

I am sorry to hear your work commitments mean you feel you can no longer dedicate enough time and attention to running Azure Guard on this emulated server. Good luck in the new job and running Azure Guard on the next emulated server, hopefully things are smoother there!
Old 03-15-2017, 08:52 AM
Fire Giant

We'll miss you. Nice legacy you leave, friend. We'll ride again...

Cloki - Lead Hippie, OMNI
Old 03-15-2017, 09:33 AM
Planar Protector

So long Nemce, Godspeed
Old 03-15-2017, 09:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bktroost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where I Will Be Spending My Time

I will be leading an Azure Guard on the TAKProject server. I don't think that Macs should ever be considered gaming devices but it is considered the Mac revival server. The server does not boast to be classic but it does have a great team leading it and an even greater community.

My understanding is that the top teir mobs are rotated by players and the rest is FFA. A great rotation/FFA model but with considerably less players on the server.

The population is considerably weaker there, however, a few of the friends I have here on P99 will be joining me in my double agent life of p99/TAKP.

Raids over there will all be scheduled and planned and therefore far easier for me to lead a guild of casuals.

I'm not moving AG like BDA moved their guild off of P99. I'd consider my transition to TAKP as more of an Azure Guard franchise than truly moving. There's a strong AG here with CSG and a new AG on that server as well. (though the name of the P99 AG will potentially change in the transition to help new leadership fulfill their new role with confidence).

If anyone happens to want to join us there you are more than welcome to, though this is not a recruitment thread. I just would love seeing old friendly faces(names) over there.

I will still be on P99 and show up to CSG raids, but my days of politicking are coming to an end very soon. The official transition will occur in a few weeks.
my man

see you in knowledge plane!
Old 03-15-2017, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

You all are great!
Old 03-15-2017, 11:57 AM
Kobold

Once you have experienced takp in its full glory you will wonder why you didn't do this a year ago or more.
Old 03-15-2017, 12:11 PM
Fire Giant

Don't know you Nemce but by your posts you sounded like a pretty cool guy to be guilded with. Enjoy non p99 EQ and enjoy coming back to P99 sometimes as well.

PS: TAKP goes to planes of power and stops?
Old 03-15-2017, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

PS: TAKP goes to planes of power and stops?
Correct.
Old 03-15-2017, 01:28 PM
VIP / Contributor

Nemce, I've worked with a lot of guild leaders over the last 5 years on this project (and 3 years on another project), but you really are one of the good ones. Whether you realized it or not, you are one of the pillars of the p99 community and there are people (both inside your guild and outside of your guild) that look up to you as a leader, so needless to say you're leaving some pretty big shoes to fill. Your guild, and this community is better off for the time and work you've put in here.

It's been a lot of fun working with you & hearing your feedback on various topics over the years while watching Azure Guard grow up into a capable raiding guild, you nerds have made me proud. Anywhere you decide to play (even with that insane work schedule you got promoted to) will be lucky to have you, and I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Don't be a stranger, Norrath needs its Mayor

<3
Sirks

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 03-15-2017, 01:58 PM
Fire Giant

I joined p99 in early 2015 and other than a brief stop in a leveling guild my whole p99 experience 46+ has been with Azure Guard. I've been a recruiting officer for about 18 months.

Nemce has been an excellent leader and we've not had any trouble (internally or externally) the entire time I've been there. No power struggles. No scandals. Zero raid suspensions. We've grown constantly and rarely recruit any members, applications come in unsolicited every single day.

People are not going to believe me, and trolls are gonna troll, but behind closed doors the leadership of AG does not/did not accept behavior that was negative to the community and as far as can be avoided we were not allowed to leapfrog, poach recruits, etc from smaller guilds. Nemce would not tolerate members/officers doing anything that was unethical or toxic to the community.

I'm very fortunate to have fallen into this situation when I did. Its been a lot of fun and I am 100% sure that within a short time Nemce will be running shit on takp to whatever extent he chooses.

I hope the people running this server take a long hard look at why Nemce is leaving to go start from scratch on another server. Standing at the zone in all day is madness. You cant even raid hate right now due to farmers standing at the fountain threatening to petition. If this isnt a wake up call to you, nothing will be.
Last edited by Expediency; 03-15-2017 at 02:02 PM..
Closed Thread