Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 05:00 PM
Aviak

I was summoned once by a mob in a Hand group...on my necro. I admit I was rather shocked. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sintia - Wood Elf Druid
Biglee - Gnome Warrior
Old 03-27-2017, 07:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayForz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was summoned once by a mob in a Hand group...on my necro. I admit I was rather shocked. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It's that construct of sathir mob. I think that's his name. Some higher level dog bodyguards and the captain summons too.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:02 AM
Large Bat

51+ mobs can summon afaik
Old 03-28-2017, 07:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayForz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spectral knights summon, Knights of Sathir summon, drolvarg bodyguards summon, undead jailer summons. Drolvarg Warlord summons, as does I believe the Pawbuster.

I think level 51+ is a good guideline if not the rule.

Basically if summoning happens you know you are on to some good xp!

Ideally in hands you want to be pulling hands, bodyguards and VS prep room. These are the highest level mobs in the zone (slightly higher even than the decaying soldiers) and can fairly consistently drop things worth a few 100pp to vendors). Obviously you can throw jail into this cycle for undead jailers/t staffs and ease of pulling bodyguards.

You'll also want to pull the single trash spawn above the locked door near RCY and the 2 trash mobs in the side room next to that in order to facilitate pulls from prep room.

If you are quick (or the mobs are slow) you can get prep room to path through the one way wall near hands, but otherwise you'll want the mobs to go through the lcy locked door, up the steps back into prep room and round the three mobs I previously mentioned.

You can use the walkway on the second floor in prep room as a perch to open the door to the knight/protector 2spawn room. Then run towards the VS spawn area and you can tag one of these mobs with a ranged/spell and both mobs will come at you.

Without lock picks or rez/coth/eye/crit resist paci shenanigans you can be aiming to pull about 9 mobs from this area. If you can do shenaningans you can pull nearly half a dozen more from the ground floor that are otherwise out of line of sight.

With necro charm dps helping get through the mobs, pulling this complete cycle becomes much easier. Especially if they can help CC, which in turn cuts down the amount of time the puller wastes out of the camp and can instead focus on dps too.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:15 AM
Planar Protector

oh add Verix Kyloxs remains to the summoning list for KC.

Btw the phrase "with all due respect" is usually used ironically, please try to conduct yourself more courteously on the internet, especially when trying to help correct and inform others. We all start somewhere and all make mistakes.
Last edited by Jimjam; 03-28-2017 at 08:19 AM..
Old 03-28-2017, 01:32 PM
Fire Giant

Trio'd with two necro's on my paladin at captain camp in KC back in the day. Was probably the most fun I've ever had in a group.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:57 AM
Sarnak

Necros suck, they are the rangers of the caster tree. Can't DPS worth a shit unless they have a charm pet which makes them a group liability because they don't have the proper control tools. Rule of thumb - you want a charm pet get an enchanter. They can also mind buff the group, cc and haste which is way better utility. Necros with a summoned pet out get out dpsd by every other DPS class (monk, rog, mage) and don't site your shit parses grouping with undergeared and under leveled noobs in KC as evidence. Most rogues in Seb consistently parsing 90-110dps. Monks 70-90s while being able to pull. Youll never come close to being a proper DPS class. Come Seb you will be sitting lfg at entrance all day because necros contribute way less to every aspect of a Group than the intended class. Group should have a tank, puller, 2 DPS, slower and cleric. Can you put a necro in place of one of those spots? You could. Will it make the group shittier over all ? YES. Don't lie to yourself. Everyone knows this.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrant49333 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Group should have a tank, puller, 2 DPS, slower and cleric. Can you put a necro in place of one of those spots? You could. Will it make the group shittier over all ? YES. Don't lie to yourself. Everyone knows this.
You should app to Awakened, you sound like a future officer in the making!!!

I don’t think anyone is arguing Necromancers are a min/max choice for the typical melee-meat-grinder group full of epic’d rogues and monks. It’s the same argument with any caster class – sustained DPS vs Burst DPS. Melee don’t have mana, casters do - both do similar damage but one has a constraint and another doesn’t. Enchanters are the outlier because of how utterly broken charm damage is on P99.

Now where a Necromancer really shines is in small grouping situations…a trio with a Shaman and a Monk for example is about as powerful a trio as there is. If the only way you like to play P99 is with a chanter and cleric cheesing all content or with a group full of melee…then you will not likely find anything fun outside the min/max. This is an old and broken game (intentionally broken in some cases).

The rogue backstab pet actually does really nice damage. Is it as good as my epic/40% haste monk or a twinked-to-the-teeth rogue? No…But it’s not as bad as you are making it seem, especially when you add in the necromancer utility of healing/drains/twitching/roots. Necromancers really shine in the ability to take strain off the healers while adding in some decent damage (not top tier meat grinder damage).

TLDR: Think of necromancer as the grease that lubes the wheel, not the engine that drives it. As reference I have a 60 monk, 55 necromancer, and 55 Bard.
Last edited by Spyder73; 03-29-2017 at 10:31 AM..
Old 03-29-2017, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

I was in a 4 mage, monk, ranger group the other day. Was great.

Didn't realise I was having fun wrong though.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

Where the hell are all you people saying necros can't dps getting that? You realize a necro pet is going to do ~50 dps? Even if they just alternate lifetaps and poison nukes, they're going to outdamage basically any monk in an exp group.
Closed Thread