Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

What's a counterkite?

My opinion is Fungi Tunic. Manastone I never thought was that useful, but maybe I was doing it wrong.
Old 04-23-2014, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's a counterkite?

My opinion is Fungi Tunic. Manastone I never thought was that useful, but maybe I was doing it wrong.
Take a manastone away from someone and they wonder how they ever played without it....
Old 04-23-2014, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trosh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
can you still loot those PBaoe weapons? like the Earthsomething 2HS and I think there's another one.. for aoe madness groups? or for crazy reposte pulls and such..

I always thought it would be neato to use those properly
Earthshaker. Shakerpaging worked better with rampaging (hence the name) but i'd reckon it really is doable if a warrior could get secondary on a bard kite, have the bard zone, and just disc riposte it down [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Unfortunately you'd only get one pull every 72? minutes or something.
Old 04-23-2014, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Fungus Staff still wins because of its sheer value. It'll buy you multiple examples of pretty much any other item listed here.

Danth
Old 04-23-2014, 02:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeallunRumblebelly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Earthshaker. Shakerpaging worked better with rampaging (hence the name) but i'd reckon it really is doable if a warrior could get secondary on a bard kite, have the bard zone, and just disc riposte it down [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Unfortunately you'd only get one pull every 72? minutes or something.
I have fond memories of some weapon i used on a warrior back during PoP days.

I used to go to the rockhopper caves in some stupid luclin zone and run to the bottom, and then run all the way up, and then flip on a disc that would riposte every attack? I also had double riposte or whatever. It had an AOE Earthquake on the wep as well.

Basically massively killed everything, and i got a ton of rockhopper hides! It was the cave though that you could do something and the other dudes would spawn. I hated that crap - i just wanted rockhoppers.
Scientist - 37 ROG
Old 04-23-2014, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fungus Staff still wins because of its sheer value. It'll buy you multiple examples of pretty much any other item listed here.

Danth
I said ignore rarity base judgement on utility for this very reason.
Old 04-23-2014, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Robe of the Spring, Blood Orchid Katana, Peggy Cloak, Crystal Mask (any unlimited invis clickie).

SoW kat is most definitely my favorite, but my immersion would be ruined without any of the above.
Last edited by Cecily; 04-23-2014 at 02:45 PM..
Old 04-23-2014, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaskillz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I said ignore rarity base judgement on utility for this very reason.
Oh I figured you just meant to ignore things like removed/rare items that have questionable actual effectiveness (guises, etc). My mistake.

Danth
Old 04-23-2014, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's a counterkite?

It's it's essentially how everything's pulled to the zone in of vp. I suppose it's no secret as both guilds do it the same way, so I'll explain--this probably isn't exact as i'm prepping a dps group, but the theory should remain about the same, and shows the importance of high spell aggro (rune, in this case).

Puller 1 grabs dragon and runs it down, Puller 2 gets secondary (any clicky works here, bracer of the hidden is pretty common) as he's running it down and remains deeper into VP, feigned. Puller 1 takes the shitstorm to near entrance and will drop some major threat into the dragon. Mallets are common, puppet strings for the opulent sort. Then Puller 2 (who's deeper into VP) will start hitting bladestoppers. His threat on the mobs will be higher on everything else, except the main pull, who has been hit with a large aggro clicky, ergo single pull without ever having to drop threat (and lose the FTE).

There's prob some technical details wrong with that again, but basically uses two different tiers of threat to split out the dragon without having to feign, allowing FTE to be swapped. Idols are very useful at the beginning of a pull because they're instant and can be hit during the jav throw if the player is quick to avoid being charmed, allowing you to get distance and for a few other pullers to get secondary aggro to avoid a FTE change. PD is basically 16 hours of monks with a target macro and ranged attack right now--it's absolute hell for those FTE monks, but, such is Everquest <_<

edit: necros can do this similarly with manaskin (rune effect) but it's a bit slower and less reliable. Speaking of shitty busted aggro mechanics, how about we fix aoe heals before we have to really start using them in fucking TOV, eh? EH?!
Old 04-23-2014, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

2 people on robe of the spring. Are you able to pick this over Donal's bc of pending nerf, or you are Druid don't care about cleric items lol?
Closed Thread