Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 09:44 AM
Planar Protector

Default HELP ME ROGEAN!!

It's been four months since I put in a petition for assistance with account management for two of my main accounts here at P99 and R99. I pleaded with the GM's and Rogean to help me change passwords on two accounts that I didn't have eqemu info for anymore.

About a month ago, the person that had eqemu access was able to reset the passwords on those two accounts because of the changes to the account management system, being able to SMS message to reset account passwords. Previously, there was no way for eqemu account owners to touch loginserver accounts without knowing the passwords. Not any more!

That person, Pan on the forums, aka Cloki in-game and guild leader of OMNI on Project 1999, took over both accounts and started playing one of them without thinking twice about whom they belonged to. Since then, he's offered to let me have my bard back, but has demanded compensation for his time put into my cleric on Project 1999.

I'm fine with that and think it's fair to offer the guy some plat for what he's put into my toon. But now this all comes down to Rogean answering his PMs and helping with the petition thread.

Normally I wouldn't bring something like this to the forums, and many of you may think it detrimental to my cause, but put yourself into my place for a second: you played on these two accounts since the server opened (roughly 5 years) and because of the introduction of the SMS password reset system, those two accounts which were previously secure, are now taken from you and someone else is actively playing YOUR characters while your cries for help remain unanswered.

TLDR - HELP ME ROGEAN!!!
Last edited by Bardalicious; 08-12-2014 at 09:21 AM..
Old 08-11-2014, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

Isn't there a post somewhere about not giving out your account info to people?
Old 08-11-2014, 10:13 AM
Planar Protector

He had eqemu account access because I sold a different login server account attached to it for plat a year or so ago. He did not have login server account info for the other two accounts, which is quite different.

It may seem illogical to play login server accounts attached to an eqemu account you don't own any more, but up until this SMS system was introduced, those accounts were entirely safe because they couldn't be deleted nor have their passwords changed without already knowing the passwords.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

How did he gain access to the 2 accounts in question?
Old 08-11-2014, 10:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How did he gain access to the 2 accounts in question?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-11-2014, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

Rogean introduced some new account management services here at p99, which seems silly in it of itself being that eqemu and p99 are supposed to be separate entities.

You can attach login server accounts to your forum account, you can link eqemu accounts, and more importantly, you can attach your cell phone to your eqemu account through project1999, which allows you to reset ALL login server accounts attached to an eqemu account without knowing the passwords apparently.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:32 AM
Sarnak

I've had a petition in with mine for a long time now too, you're basically F*cked from my understanding... but was kinda dumb to sell an emu that has accounts you play on, regardless of the fact there was no SMS back then.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkyle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but was kinda dumb to sell an emu that has accounts you play on, regardless of the fact there was no SMS back then.
The only side effect at the time of the sale was that I couldn't change my passwords to the accounts, which I was fine with. Other than that, the accounts were for all intents and purposes "safe". It'd be pretty sad to punish someone by taking away two accounts they've worked on for five years because of a sudden change in account management imo...

Also, as per Rogean himself:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean
Similarly how it used to be treated by Sony, account trading/selling for virtual currency/items is no longer allowed. While we cannot stop the regular account sharing between family and friends, the original owner of an account will always be considered the owner of the account.
So there is that...
Old 08-11-2014, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

Oh ok. So because he had access to the account you sold him, he gained access to the other 2 accounts and locked you out? Bummer. Don't know if you'll get any CSR help on that though. All that stuff is at your own risk if I recall correctly. Sorry dude.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

Is this skelly?