Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 04:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by myriverse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's doable.
Just not here.
Start your own box.
I hate how any new idea for P1999 is immediately met with this bullshit "start your own box" mentality.

If no new ideas could be proposed, we wouldn't have a red server right now. If no new ideas could be proposed, we wouldn't have a class system right now for raiding. Player input an important aspect of a MMORPG and to completely dismiss it is very ignorant.

Leading the charge to bring back the classic feature /guildwar
Old 02-27-2015, 04:26 PM
Kobold

I remember playing this event (or at least one similar to it long ago on live). I certainly didn't win it. I made a Dark Elf (I'm trying to remember if the event I played was where everybody had to make a Dark Elf and it lasted for a weekend).
It certainly seems like a fun idea, but I think the GM-folk here on P99 are limited in being able to do something like this.
Old 02-27-2015, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolshed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hate how any new idea for P1999 is immediately met with this bullshit "start your own box" mentality.

If no new ideas could be proposed, we wouldn't have a red server right now. If no new ideas could be proposed, we wouldn't have a class system right now for raiding. Player input an important aspect of a MMORPG and to completely dismiss it is very ignorant.
No. Red is a different, and very non-classic, server. Mentioning it is pretty irrelevant. Live had rotations. The class system is entirely player generated, even if GMs forced their hands.

On top of that, this sounds like an awful lot of coding for way too little gain.
Last edited by myriverse; 02-27-2015 at 05:00 PM..
Old 02-27-2015, 06:10 PM
Fire Giant

While we're at it let's implement Project M as well. Hell, let's set up Project M in VP! Oh the fun...

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:13 PM
Planar Protector

Imagine the terror of a Discord server with Project M button...

Also, I don't see how Discord could be described as custom content; it might not be original classic/kunark/velious era but it was an 'official' rules set.

I'd love a server that encouraged low level PVP that wasn't drowned in gearflation, so I'd give Discord a go.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, I mean the lack of permanence inherit to that type of server could make it incredibly fun to play on. It's essentially player driven wipes. And to do it without all the hacking that ran rampant on live Discord would be so much fun.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:55 PM
Fire Giant

So, you go LD and die to a mob - start over?
Old 02-27-2015, 10:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doil_Boil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, you go LD and die to a mob - start over?
This is how it was with Diablo 2 hardcore mode. The feeling you had after going linkdead and logging back on to see if your character had survived...... haha it was some of the most fun I have ever had gaming

Leading the charge to bring back the classic feature /guildwar
Old 02-28-2015, 06:52 AM
Sarnak

The Shards of Dalaya private server has a hardcore mode, for what it's worth. It's far from classic (but on purpose; it's meant to be a different world) and the hardcore players are on the same server as the non-hardcore, but I think hardcore players get bonus experience to make up for it.

On the other hand, SoD is not full PvP and I just just imagine how certain Red99 players would love to murder a hardcore PvP player...

What we really need is a Highlander server, where there can be only one and each death is permanent. Remove non-PK experience, lock out new characters after the first player hits 60 and just let the Gathering begin. It would be pure concentrated Red.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:46 AM
Fire Giant

Bring back secrets permadeath server

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Closed Thread