Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 03:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by enr4ged [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's like it's all calculated separately and then sent to the client.
This^

I seem to remember a post where this was explained a while back. That something like; the first tick is the client calculating and the second tick is the server updating and correcting it. Maybe someone else is more informed on this though.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:15 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

When kiting/quading I wait for the client to tick 1 mana regain, sit IMMEDIATELY, and gain a full tick as the server updates to the client.
This works about 3/4 of the time, though sometimes it seems that the two ticks get out of whack, (coming right at the same time or far apart), and I have to just experiment to see which one is correct than keep a running timer in my head.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:08 AM
Sarnak

Does meditating require a certain level? I'm only lev 4, but I couldn't skill it at the trainer. How do I skill it up?
Old 02-14-2013, 05:00 AM
Aviak

Meditate usually comes at level 4 for pure casters.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:38 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biaxil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does meditating require a certain level? I'm only lev 4, but I couldn't skill it at the trainer. How do I skill it up?
Int casters (Enchanter, Magician, Necromancer, Wizard) get meditate at level 4. And Wis casters (Druid, Priest, Shaman) get meditate at level 8.

Don't forget to put one point into meditate at your trainer so you can start using it.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:45 AM
Planar Protector

How those up/down ticks line up is weird... I put it to a lot of tests on red when I was kiting and sitting for med ticks. One of the ticks adjusts your hp/mana to the right level - the other is off somehow. However the right one might be right after the wrong one, or right before it, or like halfway between two wrong ticks. You just gotta test it out to see when you should be sitting for the real ticks.