Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 10:46 PM
Planar Protector

Default Erudite necro paineel question

Figured this would be the best section to post this, if not please move according to the right section you see fit. Im an erudite necro and running out of decent spots to solo due to population( not antisocial just have wife and family and can play for an hour or two before I have to log and usually end up being the asshole leaving once group starts to gel). My question is... Killing guards in paineel is my next place to solo ( lvl 35 ). Will this screw me up kunark or velious or is the faction meanless?
Old 02-04-2011, 10:47 PM
Planar Protector

No faction hits for killing paineel guards. It's a dream all the way to late 40s, and possibly to 50 if you're diligent.

Great cash too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:53 PM
Planar Protector

Default Nice

Nice!!! Thats what i wanted to hear. Thats for the quick response on that one i appreciate it a ton... Any advice from a fellow necro some good methods on killing guards? ( pet kite, pet tank and so on ). Again i appreciate the advice and help a ton!!!
Old 02-04-2011, 10:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice!!! Thats what i wanted to hear. Thats for the quick response on that one i appreciate it a ton... Any advice from a fellow necro some good methods on killing guards? ( pet kite, pet tank and so on ). Again i appreciate the advice and help a ton!!!
Since you're in a closed space, just having the pet tank and throwing vamp curse on the mob is probably sufficient (honestly, if you can level that easily, why make it harder? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]). If you're feeling like min-maxing, you can root-rot the first chunk of health with your quickest dots (i.e. venom of the snake) of one mob while your pet kills another, and have your pet finish it...

Quote:
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:06 AM
Fire Giant

is it possible for an Enchanter to solo those guards as well?

Asher
Old 02-05-2011, 12:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevGrousis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
is it possible for an Enchanter to solo those guards as well?
Yep. I believe the lowest set of guards are 16-18, another single guard is like 21, like 4-5 are 24-26, one is 27, and there are a ton of 30ish ones. There's one (the guard captain) who i think is like 40, but he's pretty deep in the city.

Quote:
Old 02-09-2011, 07:01 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to DOPE

For a necro.. seems like kiting wouldn't work here. I take it the guards are also social? I've read a few places that paineel is killer xp @ 20 for a necro I'm just not seeing any spots that would work great. Would love some insight. Thanks!
Old 02-09-2011, 09:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOPE [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For a necro.. seems like kiting wouldn't work here. I take it the guards are also social? I've read a few places that paineel is killer xp @ 20 for a necro I'm just not seeing any spots that would work great. Would love some insight. Thanks!
They are social, but most of them are alone already - for the others...Necros don't need to worry about them being social anyhow, because Rest the Dead (single target lull, the next in the "numb the dead" line of spells, and Rest the Dead doesn't have a reagent requirement) allows necros to single pull any undead they want.

If I was leveling my necro (who is also 35), i'd probably do paineel if I wanted to rake in cash and consistent/solid exp. I actually get better exp camping the entrance area of lguk (killing the three spawns near dead side/uguk ZL, the ghoul spawn to the left and down the slimy ramp, and the 5 other live frogs down that way), but I can't sell/bank and it's a bit more dangerous than paineel. Paineel is easymode.

Quote:
Old 02-09-2011, 12:49 PM
Sarnak

Can a DE Necro bank/sell there as well?
Daire 2011-02-26 18:50:55 Dropped Item [commons] 17969{,10146,2280}
Amapolo 2011-02-26 18:51:29 Picked Up Item [commons] 17969{,10146,2280}
Old 02-09-2011, 04:50 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to DOPE

Thanks for your answer. Still trying to figure out the most effective way to kill them, but can't believe I didn't think to undead lull them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonebeard22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can a DE Necro bank/sell there as well?
We sure can!