Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 06:23 PM
Sarnak

I've died more time to leaving Lich on while I afk than I have in combat.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:54 PM
Planar Protector

Way back when Cecily was a little rogue, lv 14 I think, I died in Unrest one night. I was bound in Freeport, dumb, so I rode the boat to Butcher Block and ran back to Dagnor's Cauldron, one of my most hated zones for a good reason. I decided that sneaking around the circle would take too long as a rogue so I tried swimming straight to Unrest. That didn't work out well and something red quickly caught me in the water. I left another corpse in the lake and woke up in Freeport again.

That second death freaked me out because my corpse was surely at the bottom of a very deep body of water that I'd probably drown getting to. So I thought about it for a moment and using my best low level player logic I decided I'd max swimming to help with the CR. So I swam in circles for a lengthy period of time in Freeport before taking my second boat ride to Faydwer.

I finally got back to the Cauldron, absolutely frazzled and angry. Waiting there was a high level rogue I had been chatting with during the CR(s). Much to my suprise, he passed me a backpack filled with a complete set of visible Ravenscale armor. Ravager has always been my rogue hero since then. Finally, at that point it dawned on me that the corpse in the lake was naked and I didn't have to CR it at all. I had spent 45 mins training swimming for nothing. I got my stuff from Unrest, and I managed to die once more at the tents near BB thinking they were a safe spot. I distinctly remember having Ravager drag one of my bodies to the zoneline.

Three boat rides from Freeport. That was a pretty horrible EQ day. You made it so much better, Ravager. Thanks again.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Three boat rides from Freeport. That was a pretty horrible EQ day. You made it so much better, Ravager. Thanks again.
My pleasure. I put a bit of work in putting that set together and was happy to see it get a second life when I was done with it. Glad I made a frustrating day a little better too!
Old 11-25-2014, 11:19 AM
Fire Giant

Decided I want to try Kedge on my enchanter once I get up to that level.

Spend a couple days looking for a Fishbone Earring, no luck.
Finally get the level I want to go to Kedge decide I will just use Enduring Breath for now.
Go buy Fish Scales
Go buy Enduring Breath spell.

Get to Kedge and remember Water Ele Illusion has water breathing...
Old 11-25-2014, 02:12 PM
Kobold

Let Calabee use it~
Old 11-25-2014, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

Zoned out from Plane of Sky, tabbed out while that long fall was going on... quickly looked on the forums, tabbed back in.

Drowned in East Freeport, respawn in CoM [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-25-2014, 03:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a complete set of visible Ravenscale armor
This is so classic, and what the original Nubben wore for such a long time, although I think one or two pieces were actually Blackened Iron from RunnyEye and not Ravenscale. I also rocked the Crested Helm and Serpent Bracers for the silver and black look. That was by far my favorite looking gear set up on any character I've ever played in EQ.

P99:
Nubben, Level 16 Rogue
Old 11-26-2014, 05:15 PM
Large Rat

On Live: first time taking my druid to Freeport. I got on the boat in Butcherblock, and once in Ocean of Tears I warped through the boat. I decide to swim the rest of the way to Freeport because how far could it be? I didn't know how to swim or about autorun either, so I was pressing the forward key over and over and over again. I couldn't stop because I would drown, and lose all of my patchwork armor. 2 hours later I hit a zone wall. i was eventually saved a half hour later by my friend in a canoe.

Good times!
Old 12-10-2014, 05:15 PM
Fire Giant

Got 49 on my enchanter and decided to go check out soloing in The Hole. Did research on the wiki and discovered I need to get into Paineel to buy the key to get into The Hole.

I didn't have enough faction to get the key from the guards to get into Paineel, even after trying to illusion +faction boost spells, also looked into any quests I could do to get faction up with the guards. Eventually paid some lowbie 100pp and Clarity to open the city for me and wait around for when I needed back out.

Flash forward two levels later I am passing the guards to go down into The Hole and is dawns on me. Just charm the fucking guard to get the key to Paineel you asshole.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:47 PM
Sarnak

On Live back in the day I had never done a single quest other than EXP item turn ins. The very first quest years and years later that I attempted to do was the key to BoT. I didn't sleep much back in those days and I was in line to be the first on Torvo to enter BoT. Anyway we dropped Orien Wavecrusher...(memeory>?) in PoS for my last piece. I was so busy getting tells from friends and guilds, having my roommates crowd me excited to see BoT, and not researching like I should have done. I turned the quest items in in the wrong order. Had to start completly over again. Oh the shame of letting that many people down lol.
Closed Thread