Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 03:25 PM
Sarnak

[S] Slizik the Mighty [54 Warrior, The Hole] 11/06/2014
Not quite as annoying as Estrella but still seriously lame piece of shit. First I started off just checking every once in a while by calming the the guards near the door to the castle and invising in the jail. I would check every morning and then after repops etc. It was pretty clear that no one was killing this shit though so I had to do the dirty work. I started by clearing the rats that wandered pulling them out one at a time using a Rock golem. He could get through 3 or 4 with haste before I had to heal him up. got a timer on the ph. The biggest issue here is that with a 20min respawn i couldnt keep all the roamers down and heal up the pet and have enough mana in case the Slizik spawned. I changed up my strategy and just agroed 2 or 3 rats at a time and sucicided them until i could calm to the ph, then I would suicide the ph. It took a little longer than keeping everything clear but at least I could afk in between after medding up. anyway after a ph kill i went to the store and invised up and Slizik was standing there with a doll in his hand. good thing i handed off my idol to a buddy earlier in the morning.

I started by suiciding the roaming rats. at one point my pet warped through the wall and agroed a bunch of shit and i ended up having to cap out and restart. medded up and invised/calmed back down to jail and suicided more rats. with only the last roamer up i petted up the rock golem who I had already torched and killed the last one. I blurred the pet medded up as much as i could and calmed the 3 static spawns between me and Slizik tashed him and ran back to my rooted golem on the steps. I got Slizik rooted and slowed and then charm broke. I already knew I couldn't mez or stun him but i was getting beaten on pretty good. Luckily i had forgot to haste the golem so i ended up being able to get him recharmed inbewteen summons and get bedlam and rune back up with about 20% mana left. Charm held the first of the fight though I had to keep re rooting so i could med up. I had enough mana for 1 boltrans and a bedlam if charm had broken again or i would have ended up having to cap. in the end pet was pushing him through the wall and i was getting pretty scared. I tried backing him off but it didnt work. luckily charm held, he didnt warp and i got my replacement idol. In the end one of the hardest parts about dealing with this area was the roamers, there weird MR that some of the mobs have and the lack of casters to ToT.

Everything through solo master is now [S], I will prob work on the reaver and the move into HS east. Ideally I can get through the rest of the list and a god kill before velious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Fail and cap https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyCmcU75O3M
Kill https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNNd9QJXJEE
Solo Kills
Last edited by maurilax; 11-06-2014 at 05:58 PM..
Old 11-29-2014, 09:25 AM
Sarnak

[S] King Tranix [52 Shadowknight, Nagafen's Lair] 11/25/2014
These Kills are kind of lame to be honest. BDA had the spawn timer for Tranix and Yeshi let me know he was going to pop soon. he ended up pulling me an Imp and I kept it rooted for a while and set it up in the safe hallway. When tranix popped I pulled with Tash and slowed him. Eventually I stopped being dumb and turned him so pet could backstab. Most of the fight was split between re rune and bedlaming myself and dispelling dots. Really not that hard.

I know it seems like I had help here which I did. After talking with Lorean and reading Tecmos version of these encounters it seems like this should suffice for a Solo kill. The mobs are just so perma camped, and all the guards are always down. These seem like more a checkbox kill than anything else. Probably shouldn't be in this tier anymore as things have changed a bit. Oh well I don't think anyone cares anyway and the real test in this tier is going to be HS East and Dartain.

There were some BDA there, mostly FD and cheering me on but no one helped or casted.
Thanks for the support dudes.

Kill https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrPhm-LGGXM

[S] Warlord Skarlon [53 Warrior, Nagafen's Lair] 11/25/2014
Same BS, he spawned 20mins after tranix died and was super easy. Had the Imp still from Tranix. Forgot to hit record but I just pulled with tash into the throne room rooted and slowed. Tanked with bedlam for most of the fight.

Kill https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW_BbP9ZdSg
Solo Kills
Last edited by maurilax; 11-29-2014 at 09:27 AM..
Old 12-10-2014, 08:51 AM
Planar Protector

bump, don't want this getting locked [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-10-2014, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

Velious Solo Artist may be intriguing but...

All of the selected mobs just favor classes who can slow and charm.

Need more Magic Immune mobs and mobs who don't summon.

But more intriguing than solo mobs, is breaking rooms solo. As mentioned above. Tranix solo is a joke. Breaking his room with 3 FGs and him is good funs though.
Old 12-10-2014, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen
All of the selected mobs just favor classes who can slow and charm.
Sorry that Druids are bad at classic eq [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tranix solo is a joke. Breaking his room with 3 FGs and him is good funs though.
If you read through the thread you will see why. Originally, the fire giants were unrootable. I had a whole bunch of cool ideas on how I was going to solo tranix by sending in a LDC, calming his guards while they were beating on me, and camping out/memblurring and I think a few other ones (this was before I had puppet strings IIRC). Then I found out about invis pulls; everyone was just singling his guards NP because they saw invis and Tranix did not. Then the giants became rootable anyway and I was like w/e. There is no question the various mechanics changes have substantially impacted the challenge.

Also, I checked and this is now the 2nd most read thread in server chat, behind the "who googled classic everquest first" thread aka the "server firsts" thread.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:00 PM
Sarnak

how often do you have to bump these to not get them locked?

Havent made any progress in a while. Finally got my necro to 45 and keyed for HS so gonna go for HS east over Christmas time. Would really love to close out Legend before Velious. I'm a little scared of the changes to Dartain though
Solo Kills
Old 12-19-2014, 07:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry that Druids are bad at classic eq [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Druids are a fantastic class :P. I think you're just jealous of our uber abilities.

One day, I'd like to duo Ragefire with 2 druids, its gonna be a baller fight, I just don't have the patience to poopsock him.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just don't have the patience to poopsock him.
Velious should fix the poopsock problem, no?

Also, a dude.
Old 12-21-2014, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Druids are a fantastic class :P. I think you're just jealous of our uber abilities.

One day, I'd like to duo Ragefire with 2 druids, its gonna be a baller fight, I just don't have the patience to poopsock him.
The level 52 Druid Charm Spell, and the level 53 Spell Glamour of Tunare make a Druid pretty damn good at charming Animals. Granted not a lot in Dungeons but they are not as Gimped as you would think solo then. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And they get another Charm spell at 54. So not all Gloom and Doom.
Old 12-22-2014, 02:25 PM
Fire Giant

Well, been holding off on doing this, but might as well start now.

Warmup:
[] the froglok king [48 paladin, Ruins of Old Guk]
[ ] Frenzied Pox Scarab [50 Warrior, Sebilis Disco]
[ ] Froglok Ostiary [50 Warrior, Sebilis Disco]
[S] The Golem Master [50 Warrior, HS North]
[S] Sentient Bile [50 Warrior, HS North]
[S] Crypt Wurm [50 Warrior, HS North]
[S] The Spectre Sepulcher [50 Monk, HS North]

Solo Disciple: any 7
[ ] Gangrenous Scarab [51 Warrior, Sebilis]
[ ] Knight of Sathir [51 Warrior, Karnors]
[ ] Construct of Sathir [52 Shadowknight, Karnors]
[S] A Drolvarg warlord [53 Warrior, Karnors]
[ ] a necrosis scarab [53 Warrior, Sebilis]
[ ] Crypt Caretaker [53 Warrior, Sebilis Crypt]
[ ] Estrella of Gloomwater [51 Druid, Kedge]
[S] The Crypt Keeper [50 Necromancer, HS North]
[ ] Froglok Pickler [52 Warrior, Sebilis Disco]
[ ] Froggy [52 Warrior, Sebilis Chef/Bar]
[ ] Froglok Armorer [52 Warrior, Sebilis Chef/Bar]
[ ] Froglok Armsman [52 Warrior, Sebilis Chef/Bar]
[ ] Froglok Chef [52 Warrior, Sebilis Chef/Bar]
[ ] Froglok Repairer [52 Warrior, Sebilis Chef/Bar]
[ ] Gruplinort [53 Wizard, Sebilis Disco]

Solo Master/Duo Disciple: any 8 including at least one each from HS South and Sebilis Crypt
[ ] Froglok Commander [55 Warrior, Sebilis Disco]
[ ] Brogg [55 Warrior, Sebilis Disco]
[ ] Baron Yosig [55 Warrior, Sebilis Crypt]
[ ] Arch Duke Iatol [55 Shadowknight, Sebilis Crypt]
[ ] blood of chottal [55 Monk, Sebilis Crypt]
[ ] Harbinger Freglor [55 Necromancer, Sebilis Crypt]
[ ] Hierophant Prime Grekal [55 Shaman, Sebilis Crypt]
[S] the Skeleton Sepulcher [50 Warrior, HS South]
[S] a Crypt Spectre [50 Shadowknight, HS South]
[ ] Efreeti Lord Djarn [50 Wizard, Nagafen's Lair]
[ ] Slizik the Mighty [54 Warrior, The Hole]
[S] Skeletal Procurator [52 Shadowknight, HS West]
[S] The Crypt Feaster [52 Warrior, HS South]
[S] Embalming Fluid [52 Warrior, HS South]
[S] The Spectre Spiritualist [53 Monk, HS South]

Solo Grandmaster/Duo Master: any 6 including one L56+ and one from HS East
[ ] King Tranix [52 Shadowknight, Nagafen's Lair]
[ ] Magi Rokyll [52 Wizard, Nagafen's Lair]
[ ] Warlord Skarlon [53 Warrior, Nagafen's Lair]
[ ] A Black Reaver [51 Warrior, City of Mist]
[ ] A cliff golem [58 Warrior, The Overthere]
[ ] The Crypt Excavator [54 Warrior, HS East]
[ ] Reanimated Plaguebone [54 Warrior, HS East]
[ ] Mortiferous Protector [54 Warrior, HS East]
[ ] a Howling Spectre [54 Monk, HS East]
[ ] Drusella Sathir [55 Necromancer, HS East]
[ ] The Undertaker Lord [56 Shadowknight, HS East]
[ ] Dartain the Lost [55 Necromancer, The Hole]

Solo God Mode/Duo Grandmaster: any 5
[ ] Neh'Ashiir [54 Enchanter, City of Mist]
[ ] Myconid Spore King [56 Paladin, Sebilis Catacombs]
[ ] Fear/Dread/Terror [55 Warrior, Plane of Fear]
[ ] Phinigel Autropos [53 Wizard, Kedge]
[ ] Protector of Sky [55 Rogue, Plane of Sky]
[ ] Emperor Chottal [60 Necromancer, Sebilis Crypt]
[ ] sebilite protector [60 Warrior, Sebilis Catacombs]
[ ] Tolapumj [60 Enchanter, Sebilis Catacombs]
[ ] Lord Rak'Ashiir [54 Wizard, City of Mist]
[ ] Korocust [61 Warrior, Chardok]

Duo God Mode: any 5
[ ] Zordakalicus Ragefire [54 Warrior, Nagafen's Lair]
[ ] a dracoliche [53 Warrior, Plane of Fear]
[ ] Maestro of Rancor [53 Warrior, Plane of Hate]
[ ] Ixiblat Fer [61 Warrior, Burning Woods]
[ ] Overking Bathezid [63 Cleric, Chardok]
[ ] Prince Selrach Di'Zok [61 Warrior, Chardok]
[ ] Queen Velazul Di'Zok [62 Shaman, Chardok]
[ ] General V'ghera [65 Shadowknight, Kithicor Forest]
[ ] Gorgalosk [60 Warrior, Plane of Sky]
[ ] Noble Dojorn [60 Paladin, Plane of Sky]
[ ] The Spiroc Guardian [60 Shaman, Plane of Sky]

Need to get over to Seb and knock out a few of those. Haven't solo'd there yet at all.
Closed Thread