Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 08:24 PM
Sarnak

Default Does a Ranger out dps a Warrior?

Does a Ranger out dps a Warrior? Looking at the kill caps the warrior seems to have higher caps in most offensive skills. I have not played a ranger past 50 so I was hopin you could explain what I may be missing.
Old 03-06-2015, 08:29 PM
Planar Protector

at 60, warriors get triple attack. With epics, they can keep up with monks/rogues, although slightly behind. There are plenty of parses floating around on these boards
Old 03-06-2015, 10:00 PM
Fire Giant

Rangers can do some pretty good dps because I think they get better ratio weapons. Also it is easier for them to get haste cap due to epic and easily attainable sky cloak. Rangers can give monk dps a run for its money for sure and its fun to compete with geared rangers down where the pleb melee dps sits below the rogues.

Wars don't get triple attack till like luclin prepatch so rangers will outdps them til then at least. Plus in velious there is trueshot which is cool.

But i digress, no melee will ever catch rogues because that what the rogue class is for, DEEPS! , the ranger dps is better than warrior dps and is on par with monk dps. Rogue >ranger/monk>war
Old 03-06-2015, 10:06 PM
Banned

warriors are insanely good on p99, and yes, they get triple attack in kunark

on longer fights they outdps every other class due to precision being broken

once monks get triple attack toward the end of velious and assuming they've fixed precision discipline, monks will outperform warriors

rangers fall far behind rogues, warriors, and monks
Old 03-06-2015, 10:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they get triple attack in kunark
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-06-2015, 10:36 PM
Banned

warriors get triple attack in kunark

monks get it late in velious

rangers get it in luclin?
Old 03-09-2015, 01:48 PM
Sarnak

So it seems that warriors get triple attack and with precision disc can out dps a ranger. I didn't specify earlier but I was interested in group content and I am not a rich twink so neither will have the epic most likely ever. In group sustained gameplay is the warrior still ahead? Do warriors ever get groups as dps? Xp penalty aside would a group take one over the other of they already have a tank?
Old 03-09-2015, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veleria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So it seems that warriors get triple attack and with precision disc can out dps a ranger. I didn't specify earlier but I was interested in group content and I am not a rich twink so neither will have the epic most likely ever. In group sustained gameplay is the warrior still ahead? Do warriors ever get groups as dps? Xp penalty aside would a group take one over the other of they already have a tank?
A Warrior as dps is equivalent to a rogue with no backstab
Old 03-09-2015, 04:24 PM
Banned

warriors are higher than rogues without backstab considering warriors tend to be races with higher base strength, critical hits, and triple attack(60)
Old 03-09-2015, 06:39 PM
Sarnak

Doesn't seem like the comparison matters very much. Unless of course you have the patience to level a ranger to 60, access to comparable levels of gear for each, and only care about your role as a raid dps but for some reason didn't roll a rogue or wizard.