Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

If Swish makes my gear I will dole out Haste and clarity to noobs at a leveling spot of his choice.
Old 08-15-2014, 07:12 PM
Orc

I've been playing red (only) on & off for a few years. Since they've put in the group xp bonus it's been much more fun.
Old 08-16-2014, 06:17 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi, this is the Server Chat forum, and these kinds of caustic comments aren't allowed here.
It seems, however, that every-time one of these goes up, someone from blue, "the non-toxic server" comes in and makes a post like this - essentially proving there's just as high a percentage raging assholes on blue as there are on red.
high percentage of raging assholes? a bit hypocritical, doncha think Derubael, to get on someones case for "caustic comments" then make one of your own, in the very same post?
Old 08-17-2014, 06:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by talian21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
high percentage of raging assholes? a bit hypocritical, doncha think Derubael, to get on someones case for "caustic comments" then make one of your own, in the very same post?
Deru has a point though. People look down on the red server, refuse to try it and get mad at the red pop wanting to boost its numbers. Why? What's wrong with offering a hand to those that are interested?

Personally I enjoy the "red is bad" comments - they keep the thread bumped and make me want to try harder to change that perception.

Tewaz I'll be back on Tuesday to make your items, if you'd like to pass on the good karma that'd be great - maybe we could arrange a buff session for players in Crushbone, EC or FoB (and I can port and bind trolls/ogres/erudites/etc if needed)

TL;DR - consider red.gif
Old 08-17-2014, 07:32 AM
Planar Protector

Don't think red is that bad or that EQ pvp in general is bad. Problemo is the server populance is a pale disappointing shadow of what it was on launch, and unfortunately no time machine available.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:35 AM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by talian21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't really consider that a caustic comment. If it had been aimed at someone specific, maybe, but describing a disposition (albeit a poor one) is, in my mind, not crossing the line.

This however, does:

Quote:
That means there's 84 douchebag idiots online at the same time. Grats record high for the week. Server isn't worth the bandwidth or gm/guide time. Go play wow if you want to pvp ffs. OR And this is completely possible you could shut the fuck up about trying to recruit people that already know how shitty your server is and keep on living in your 84 person glass house telling yourselves you're so bad ass and the 1000+ people on blue are just carebears not even knowing what they're missing. News flash we know what eq pvp is and are not too retarded to think that it's fun.
See the difference? =X.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:41 AM
Fire Giant

I don't understand the point of posting these recruitment threads in the Blue Forum.

If people wanted to play on Red they would.

It's pretty hard to miss "Project 1999 (2): Red (PvP, Kunark)" on the Server select screen each time you log in.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand the point of posting these recruitment threads in the Blue Forum.

It's pretty hard to miss "Project 1999 (2): Red (PvP, Kunark)" on the Server select screen each time you log in.
Wanna point me in the direction of where else the red server could recruit 15 year old elf sim players from?

This is the best place because people believe in P99 over "other" EQ servers, and its confirmed a better attempt at classic here than SOE's progression server attempts.

Sorry about that. By all means just ignore this thread if not interested though.
Old 08-17-2014, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You don't understand that this isn't "the blue forum". Its the General Server forum. Its where the Starting Zone, Technical discussion, Guild Discussion, Screenshots, and Off Topic subsections are located. There is no Blue Server subsection. Anyone can post here.
Old 08-17-2014, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't understand that this isn't "the blue forum". Its the General Server forum. Its where the Starting Zone, Technical discussion, Guild Discussion, Screenshots, and Off Topic subsections are located. There is no Blue Server subsection. Anyone can post here.
...Why are there seperate Pvp Server Chat/Guild Discussion/Trade Hub/RnF then?