Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 09:56 AM
Fire Giant

Default The Left Goblin Ear Problem

I know this was an issue for a long time in Blackburrow, with high levels farming every Gnoll in the zone so that their buddy or alt could loot as many fangs as possible, and PL their way out of the noobie levels. It wasn't until lately, as I started leveling an alt, that the same issue exists in Highkeep with the goblins.

Last night, I make the run to Highkeep to check out the Goblins, and when I show up, there is a Monk who asks me to duo, and of course I agree. We run down to Goblins, and notice a level 60 Monk from BDA named Tofusin killing all of the goblins (LR/GR/WR/RR). We ask him if it would be okay for us to kill the goblins in any one room, and he responds "No, sorry, i've been here a while, I will be gone in a bit"

As far as I was aware, this had always been 4 camps, and I reminded him of this when he simply said "In 1999 it is - On this server, this is all one camp"

Either way, I think this is a generally terrible attitude and completely unlike the classic experience. This morning, I logg in to check the Goblins once again, and before I even make it down to look, a level 51 Warrior named Glorn sends me a tell "Sorry, goblins are camped at the moment"

I get a little frustrated and mention it and he tells me "I get a lot of sob stories when I try to make some plat"

Now, i'm not normally the type to RnF, but I think this is absolutely ridiculous. This isn't an instanced MMO, and when all of the low level grind spots are being manipulated by higher levels who refuse to share, it completely ruins the classic experience, as well as breaks up the community.

I really don't even know the actual rules for this server regarding camps like that. The Monk last night told me the rules state it is impossible to ruin an entire zone, and there were still plenty of mobs to kill. He reminded me that he killed guards from 30-40. Well that's great Mr. Iksar Monk, but i'm a Gnome Rogue and would prefer to keep my faction. I believe this is in fact disruption of an entire zone, and i'd love to see it corrected.

Just my rant for the day
Old 08-14-2014, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

No one can hold all camps in a zone. They would get first pick on which camp to keep, but they would be required to relinquish at least one camp.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Sounds like you offered him the pick of rooms since he was there first, so you should have just went and started camping one of them since he can't claim them all. Then you petition him when he inevitably KSs you.

Quote:
I really don't even know the actual rules for this server regarding camps like that.
You should read up on them, know your rights.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=132299

"You cannot hold multiple 'camps' if another group wishes to contest one that you are holding. The player holding multiple 'camps' retains the right to choose which 'camp' to give up."

Quote:
The Monk last night told me the rules state it is impossible to ruin an entire zone, and there were still plenty of mobs to kill.
He's full of crap. The rules say you can't monopolize a zone or disrupt it.

"Zone/Area Disruption is defined as any activity designed to harm or inconvenience a number of groups rather than a specific player or group of players. This includes, but is not limited to::

-Monopolizing most or all of the kills in an area.

- Refusing to cooperate with the other parties at a contested spawn site after having been instructed to do so by a P99CSR."
Old 08-14-2014, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

-Monopolizing most or all of the kills in an area.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=132299

Old 08-14-2014, 10:19 AM
Planar Protector

doh~ Ele running auto fire enter =P
Old 08-14-2014, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

High Keep is a bit of an oddity on P99 with the lower levels being so spread out and Kunark opened up. One group usually does hold all 4 classic goblin camps depending on the group's ability. HHK was so crowded back in the day though it was 3-5 camps, if not individual spawns being claimed.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:28 AM
Fire Giant

Well, we did in fact offer him his pick of camps, in fact, we told him he could have 3 and we'd be happy with only 1. We tried killing mobs in the Guard Room, but he stood at the spawns and waited, and would KS them. I started a petition but never heard back from a GM before I had to log
Old 08-14-2014, 10:32 AM
Sarnak

Nevermind the goblins its those Iksars that we have to worry about!
Old 08-14-2014, 10:32 AM
Banned

What's more important... a few extra goblin ears or someone to talk to while you do it?
Old 08-14-2014, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelaboon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, we did in fact offer him his pick of camps, in fact, we told him he could have 3 and we'd be happy with only 1. We tried killing mobs in the Guard Room, but he stood at the spawns and waited, and would KS them. I started a petition but never heard back from a GM before I had to log
Sounds like you tried to be as civil to try to work out an arrangement like should be done. I've had a few experiences similar to yours with some people who feel entitled to do whatever they want and on top of that; tell everyone else what they can & cant do.
Closed Thread