Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 12:02 PM
Kobold

I was in a guild like that back when I played on live (circa 1999-2000). I was originally in a small tight-knit guild, burnt out, came back after like two months and found out they had merged with the most dominant raid guild on the server.

Turns out they were all cool people too. Did a lot of raiding with them before I burned out again, this time for good (well until here, of course [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ).
Old 07-28-2013, 12:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floraline [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have that feeling with my current guild, FYI. I never get a group that doesn't have at least one guildie involved.
Flora's in the Knights Who Say Ni.

I like them too. It's been a long time since I've had groups with more than one or two non-guildies. All good people and many new to the server so you can join up without feeling like you're the New Guy who got added to the cast in Season 8.
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Old 07-28-2013, 12:34 PM
Aviak

Aye, Knights Who Say Ni is that guild all the way, constant in guild discussions about anything and everything, casual friendly atmosphere where players find groups with one another 9 times out of 10, it's a great guild, and exactly what the OP is looking for I believe. Also (Shout out to my old guildies) Azure Guard, but Knights Who Say Ni is who I would have to promote here I believe.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thufir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
without feeling like you're the New Guy who got added to the cast in Season 8.
Such a good analogy haha
Old 07-28-2013, 12:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by thufir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Flora's in the Knights Who Say Ni.

I like them too. It's been a long time since I've had groups with more than one or two non-guildies. All good people and many new to the server so you can join up without feeling like you're the New Guy who got added to the cast in Season 8.

QFT - Feel free to do a / all knights and ask anyone for an officer. We have usually at least one on at a time. We are a friendly casual leveling guild that has people all level ranges going through the classic experience. All we ask is that you want to play to have a positive p99 experience!

message any member in game when you are on and we will work on getting you an invite. I'm on now - Messie is my chars name - hope to hear from you in game!
Old 07-28-2013, 01:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All we ask is that you want to play to have a positive p99 experience!
"Be nice to both guildies and non-guildies" is how I always put it when I'm questioning potential new recruits. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Old 07-28-2013, 02:30 PM
The Protector of Sunder

You'll never have back your MMO virginity, EQ popped it. There was a point that I loved WoW and played it a ton but it still wasn't the same.

I really think that once you start playing a game at a hardcore level it diminishes the "wow" factor because everything just becomes a goal. If I can't be at the top of a game I no longer really enjoy them which has lead me to barely play video games now.

However I do have some advice because I did have a great time on P99 during classic and early Kunark. Go find friends you like and build something together, you will have ups and downs but so long as you have a common goal and someone wants to lead you will end up enjoying yourself. That feeling of camaraderie you seek comes from having memories with people and that comes from working to build a community.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:32 PM
Sarnak

My advice is if you haven't found a guild like you described you should create one and recruit like minded folks to join. You don't have to be UBER hardcore playa to bring that sort of fun and excitement back into the game.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-niner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't even begin to explain how much I enjoyed this rofl
Old 07-29-2013, 01:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrano [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You'll never have back your MMO virginity, EQ popped it. There was a point that I loved WoW and played it a ton but it still wasn't the same.

I really think that once you start playing a game at a hardcore level it diminishes the "wow" factor because everything just becomes a goal. If I can't be at the top of a game I no longer really enjoy them which has lead me to barely play video games now.

However I do have some advice because I did have a great time on P99 during classic and early Kunark. Go find friends you like and build something together, you will have ups and downs but so long as you have a common goal and someone wants to lead you will end up enjoying yourself. That feeling of camaraderie you seek comes from having memories with people and that comes from working to build a community.
good post, EQ is supreme for sure

I've had that same experience with other games
Closed Thread