Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 09:56 AM
Sarnak

Been using this thread and a couple others since 30ish. Lots of good info so thank you!

Copying this here (https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...4&postcount=12) for a full strat on the unrest tower. Though at 35 its hard to tell how good the exp actually is because of the hell level. it seemed to work. Eventually I got frustrated with the roaming werewolf and kept having to trade c1 for heals to keep the camp going.

ended up duoing with a cleric in the basement for even better exp, but ill be going back as my solo spot till 39 I think.

Also did pirates with a cartographer pet both at 35 and 36. first with a necro then with a druid. I preferred the druid because they could pull and i could keep mana stable at 50-70 even with keeping up buffs pets and dealing with fear resists. I didnt bother using fear instead of chase the moon because it didnt last long enough even for a hasted DW pet to kill anything that wasnt light blue.
I think in about 90 mins we got 75% of a level. Im skeptical of anyone saying they get a level per hour here but it is still awesome and fun exp and some FS loot.

Other notes: I was able to be useful in a group at 30 in OT charming the small rhinos up to 34. because of the number of people there, soloing seems silly even if you dont have a lot of time. I suppose I could go back at 36+ and solo till 40 but im already sick of it.

Right now Im bound at the bank in FV. its generally pretty easy to get a port to BB either there or KC to go to unrest. Ill likely just keep switching back and forth to 40/41 then I think its DL/CoM/lguk

I think this has been answered already but is there any faction hit for the ogre guards or the nobles in HHK?

sorry for the rambling. Thanks
Old 04-19-2014, 05:32 PM
Large Bat

Faction hits for Oggok bouncers are Clurg and OggokGuards.

The interesting thing is, with benevolence and ogre illusion, even with OggokGuards as it's worse, you'll still only be dubious to them, so able to roam freely, and bank, since banker is on that faction. (Vendors are a different faction and will consider you kindly in ogre suit)
Old 04-28-2014, 10:20 AM
Planar Protector

Unrest tower xp- okay, spawns every 6 or so minutes, did it in a hell level (35) kind of took awhile, ended up switching to basement past invis wall to get last 2 orange and it went pretty quick. Did basement throughout 36 went quick. Xp is slowing down quite a bit at 37 down there. Thinking of switching in favor of lguk, think it would be best to do it grouped at this level however.
Old 04-28-2014, 01:17 PM
Sarnak

dont underestimate FV, did level 40 with necro partner in 5 hours and the next two levels in half that. it really is the best.

doing DL walls right now switching in oggok (42-44) when i get really bored. I tried lowerguk but didnt really like dealing with casters. With a partner its probably better.

Going to give com a shot tonight as im about to hit 45 and I hate soloing the hell levels.
Solo Kills
Old 04-29-2014, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maurilax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dont underestimate FV, did level 40 with necro partner in 5 hours and the next two levels in half that. it really is the best.

doing DL walls right now switching in oggok (42-44) when i get really bored. I tried lowerguk but didnt really like dealing with casters. With a partner its probably better.

Going to give com a shot tonight as im about to hit 45 and I hate soloing the hell levels.
You're going to love CoM at 45, if you were to be lucky enough to get an empty zone, I strongly suggest soloing through 45. It will only take you a day, maybe two. Iirc, on my first enchanter here I ended up blowing through 45 in 6 or so hours, maybe less. I was holding down stables, golems, entrance, and most of temple.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:14 PM
Kobold

I leveled to 56 in COM jumping to 2nd floor on Temple Flag. XP was great and nothing like being able to jump off the wall and exit if there is ever a problem. I suggest calming the mobs up top before jumping up and also being invs vs undead just in case. Also you feel like a bad ass popping clarity off on groups below.
Last edited by halason; 04-30-2014 at 07:24 PM..
Old 04-30-2014, 10:39 PM
Sarnak

Haha Nice, I have already come to enjoy COM very much, trioed with a war and cleric there this morning and did half of 45 in 2/3 hours i think.

As far as soloing, is it still root one, break pet and kill both here? I tend to like killing my pet first as trying to kill the rooted mob with my pet coming at me usually costs an extra spell to stop it.
Solo Kills
Old 05-02-2014, 07:27 PM
Large Bat

So being now 52, I experimented with a few more spots

DL is ok till 52, Ravish and some rager will still be DB, though they are getting hard to find. When the zone is empty though, the 2 in front of KC + roamer around are decent xp.

Burning Wood is very doable, I setup at the SF zone, pulls are a bit long, and the Sarnark Zealots are a pain.

I went to the Hole entrance as well, it's ok, but a bit of a pain. Lots of Lulling, and crit resist will send you runing for the zone.

At 50-51 the Spectral Keeper/Champions/Commanders in TT are good, There are ruins with some near the Swamp or the EJ zone. The EJ zone one seems safer. A lot will go LB at 52. Though Keepers are caster, with MR up, you'll resist most of their casts.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:00 PM
Planar Protector

30-37: alligators in CT tunnels. Level 28-30ish monsters with a dungeon ZEM, and you'll rarely see other people down there (as far as I know). No loot... like literally no loot... but other than that it was great.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:52 PM
Banned

i did all of 34-35 in the unrest basement

shit was fucking awesome
Closed Thread