Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: Read my thread. Or don't. Then judge me
Timtebow was a gay name and you got what you deserved. Camp check! 11 21.57%
Timtebow is at least as creative as squirting vagina or jizzing dick. Change every name 8 15.69%
Restore Timtebow! 21 41.18%
This post is hidden because Harrison is on your ignore list. (option 3) 11 21.57%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 04:13 PM
VIP / Contributor

i had planned on just ignoring this thread, but seeing as it was bumped again, i might as well chime in.

if i remember correctly, i was called in to that spot by a petition of training. as with all training petitions i show up and i watch to see what i can see. believe it or not, most players twist truths in their favor so i prefer my own judgement of a situation.

regardless of whether or not i agree with certain rules, it is my job to enforce all of them. now contrary to popular belief, i'm not an idiot. i have a pretty solid idea of when griefing has occurred, even though it can't always be proven. now as per the rules, when a staff member sees griefing like actions that they determine to be excessive in nature or detrimental to the server as a whole, then they are expected to step in and ask the player to stop their actions. thats exactly what i did.

as far as the name; Timtebow is a clear violation of the p99/r99 naming policy. if you disagree then you have not read the naming policy.

as far as the other names that were reported (Squirty and Strong), they were not in direct violation of the naming policy. However in an effort to be fair to a very ungrateful player, i went ahead and told timtebow that i would forward the other names along to the staff for review.

if i remember correctly, the surnames were removed because they violated the policy as well. the first names were not changed because they did not violate the naming policy when detached from the surname.

and lastly, as i have said a million times over almost half a decade now; I am a human being, and like all human beings i am not perfect, i am going to make mistakes, and i'm going to do things that some people will flat out disagree with. however since i'm aware of those things i have ALWAYS encouraged players to send me or another staff member a PM if they felt they were treated unfairly or unjustly so that the situation could be further reviewed or at least further explained.

but please by all means continue twisting this tale to try and make you look like a white knight, while trying to make me look like an incompetent fool. i applaud your efforts, truly i do. if you think i abuse the minimal power i have, or if you think i'm treating you or anyone else unfairly; then i utterly encourage you with every ounce of my existence to report me to a higher ranking staff member for the good of the server.

thanks for playing,
<3
Sirks

PS- btw, for all the people that think Sirken is a form of Sir Ken, you are wrong. i'm no knight :P . Sirken is the brother of Sarkin, and the son Saltik. massive bonus points if anyone knows what im referring to [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-02-2012, 05:15 PM
Banned

Well sirken, what you have done was clearly not worth it. You changed this guys name, from timtebow.. I mean honostly what was it hurting, was it doing that much harm?

Now.. you have one less player on the game. He prolly took his 4 buddies with him, and boot scoot boogie his ass off server for something clearly a non-factor. Im leveling a melee against mobs that run sow speed, waiting forever for petitions, tons of broken stuff, and yet you are full blown dick tracey on a guy named timtebow. I mean really? was it worth it? In the end you guys are against griefing, but really you just griefed him and his buddies off the server over the name timtebow and allow names far far worse. Go figure.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Banned

LOL
Old 05-02-2012, 07:51 PM
Banned

Server confirmed dead. See you guys on diablo 3
Old 05-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Planar Protector

good to see guides policing names, meanwhile entire guilds exploit dragons.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:40 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well sirken, what you have done was clearly not worth it. You changed this guys name, from timtebow.. I mean honostly what was it hurting, was it doing that much harm? Now.. you have one less player on the game. He prolly took his 4 buddies with him, and boot scoot boogie his ass off server for something clearly a non-factor. Im leveling a melee against mobs that run sow speed, waiting forever for petitions, tons of broken stuff, and yet you are full blown dick tracey on a guy named timtebow. I mean really? was it worth it? In the end you guys are against griefing, but really you just griefed him and his buddies off the server over the name timtebow and allow names far far worse. Go figure.
Soldier - rules are rules. i don't get to cherry pick which rules i enforce unlike certain players that clearly cherry pick which rules they feel like following. i dont go out of my way looking for names, but when a player draws my attention and clearly has an invalid name, it would be irresponsible for me not to change it. and every single thing you named is outside my access level, including the forum petitions. i am here for rule enforcement and in game issues, that is all. i'm sorry that your pal lost his name for not following the naming policy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
good to see guides policing names, meanwhile entire guilds exploit dragons.
i can't believe people still bring this up. how many months ago did this happen? i know its been awhile cause it was before i came back around. get over it or quit. it happened, it's been dealt with. case closed. if you feel something was handled poorly, go ahead and let Rogean know in a polite civilized way, but constantly crying on the forums doesn't help anyone. and yea, policing names is one of the exact things that guides are supposed to do and are required to do, so yea it is good to see it happening. acting like this shit is still happening makes you look pretty foolish.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:46 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Truth Send a message via AIM to Truth Send a message via MSN to Truth Send a message via Yahoo to Truth

sirken wutdo
Old 05-02-2012, 08:49 PM
Banned

The problem isn't Amelinda or Sirken
Old 05-02-2012, 10:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Soldier - rules are rules. i don't get to cherry pick which rules i enforce unlike certain players that clearly cherry pick which rules they feel like following. i dont go out of my way looking for names, but when a player draws my attention and clearly has an invalid name, it would be irresponsible for me not to change it. and every single thing you named is outside my access level, including the forum petitions. i am here for rule enforcement and in game issues, that is all. i'm sorry that your pal lost his name for not following the naming policy.

i can't believe people still bring this up. how many months ago did this happen? i know its been awhile cause it was before i came back around. get over it or quit. it happened, it's been dealt with. case closed. if you feel something was handled poorly, go ahead and let Rogean know in a polite civilized way, but constantly crying on the forums doesn't help anyone. and yea, policing names is one of the exact things that guides are supposed to do and are required to do, so yea it is good to see it happening. acting like this shit is still happening makes you look pretty foolish.

Thank you for a response, Im just saying, I cant change the rules and im sure neither can you. But if it is in the best interested of the server, I think rogean would be all ears to listen. Itleast I hope. You have alot more power then anyone of us. Red population is dieing, its not a matter of me thinking that, its the facts. Changing the name Timtebow in the end, kicked im sure over 4 people off the server. They didnt have to leave but it just shows the lack of communication between the players and the staff. And im sure they had bailed over this. Maybe change his name to Tim Tebow or work with him on a name change, at the end of the day it was in the servers best interest to keep the player base happy and alive and well. This was such a simple and silly rule and policy that in the end made you guys look bad. I mean this is a EQ emu server in the end. Not worth any money, not going on any ones resume, its all about having fun, which its clearly lacking. As far as cherry picking goes, I understand what your saying. But your judgement showing how you clearly state players cherry pick rules shows your complete lack of relationship and understanding of us, players. Some rules on this server are complety horrible. It's like they are made for a server with no PvP. This clearly is an example of why the servers population is dead. Not saying you can make rules and you cant, you just enforce them, but have our backs. See what rules are not working and are outdated and hurting the server, talk with rogean, ESTABLISH some communication with us players. Just remember to relax, have fun.. This aint live, this aint the holy grail of peoples lives, its just a way to have fun, and with a billion bologne rules, you guys wonder why red is going down hill.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
... Maybe change his name to Tim Tebow or work with him on a name change, at the end of the day it was in the servers best interest to keep the player base happy and alive and well. ....
I doubt anyone quit over something so little, but anyways this isn't such a bad idea - I remember there was a troll named Ubestbetrollin whose name violated the policy, so it was changed to Ubestbe, and he was allowed to have the surname "Trollin". Just a thought.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Closed Thread