Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Kobold

Default Woot elder scrolls mmorpg in the works :)

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...1/feature/6367
Old 05-03-2012, 09:53 PM
Banned

sweet, mmo being made by company that has absolutely no multiplayer experience let alone mmo experience sounds fun
Old 05-03-2012, 09:56 PM
Sarnak

i swear to god if theres instanced anything....................
Old 05-03-2012, 09:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sweet, mmo being made by company that has absolutely no multiplayer experience let alone mmo experience sounds fun
Old 05-03-2012, 10:26 PM
Sarnak

I'm cautiously optimistic, but if it turns out to be WoW clone 8.0 I won't be surprised.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This...
I am already cringing. They are probably going to be like. "Everyone loves WoW, and we don't know how to make an MMO so we will just make a WoW clone with better graphics."

Seems to be the trend now.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:43 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Truth Send a message via AIM to Truth Send a message via MSN to Truth Send a message via Yahoo to Truth

can i play it on xbox or gotta pirate gayme
Old 05-03-2012, 10:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
can i play it on xbox or gotta pirate gayme
That's a good question, and if you could play it on Xbox. Would it only be with others on Xbox or could you play with people on PC/PS3. (Like Shadowrun)
Old 05-03-2012, 11:09 PM
Planar Protector

I knew it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I'm seriously looking forward to it. Daggerfall, Morrowind and Skyrim are brilliant games (never played Oblivion - heard less than stellar things about it). and the series has always lacked multiplayer.

Anyone ever play Neverwinter Nights multiplayer on a custom-built server? If you did, imagine how much better a multiplayer Elder Scrolls would have been with it's superior engine and CK?

Quote:
Well for one thing, Zenimax Online Studios is making the game. Matt Firor, who has been running the studio, was one of the top people on the classic Dark Age of Camelot MMO. He is known as one of the people who conceptualized DAOC’s famous RvR system. This would mean that an Elder Scrolls game in Matt’s hands will produce a very awesome PvP system.
Fantastic news. Dark Age Of Camelot was a lot of fun and had (and still has) the best MMORPG PvP system ever.

Here's the thing: Will ESO be 1st person? It should. I'm sick of 3rd person MMORPGs. Everquest did it and then that was it pretty much it. 3rd person is arguably better for PvP, but for immersion it's not, and The Elder Scrolls is traditionally 1st person.

I also wonder what the graphics will be like. Again, The Elder Scrolls has always featured really good graphics, while MMOs don't so as to appeal to the widest audience. Skyrim is not optimized for PC at all but it looks great. Morrowind for it's time was great too, especially compared to the MMOs of the time.

I predict this upcoming game will quickly become the most anticipated and most talked about of all upcoming games.
Last edited by MrSparkle001; 05-03-2012 at 11:12 PM..
Old 05-03-2012, 11:24 PM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread