Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 03-21-2014, 03:45 AM
Banned

Default Sow clicky(sword) vs Druid sow. lvl 60 being overwritten by lower levels

I searched all over about this and no one came up with any answers and it appears no one has questioned it until now but I figured this must be a bug.

I have a Blood Orchid Katana(Right click sow effect) and I have only had it a short period, But I have noticed that when I cast sow on myself. A druid or shaman of lesser level can sow me and not only will it overwrite with a slower lower level sow, But it will also drop to the first available buff slot instead of simply refreshing the timer in the slot it were in.

Obviously there is something wrong with this considering if you took a level 31 druid and sowed player X and it went into buff slot #15 for example, Then took a level 30 druid and cast sow on player X it would not take hold. But if a level 32 druid came along and casted sow on player X it would refresh the duration timer in slot #15 instead of re-slotting it to the first available buff slot. This stands for same for cleric buffs like Heroism, refreshed in same slot by equal or higher level unless a different spell is cast like Heroic Bond or Pack Spirit which would then change the buff slot because its an entirely different spell despite the same effect.

I tested this with a level 60 druid who also casted sow on me, and it too was re slotted to first open buff slot available instead of remaining in the slot it was previously in. Now a level 60 should be able to cast no problem on another level 60 that is known. I have had similar issues with bracer of the hidden's see invis clicky not taking hold after it being cast on me by another level 60 but it seems to depends when/where and by who.

But to not go too far off topic from the issue of lower level sows overwriting a level 60 casted sow whether by sword or potion and added to that the fact it re-slots the buff to the closest available slot open. I have personally never came across this on Live nor on any other emu server so I have no idea whats right. I just thought that the level difference alone something is wrong if a freshly dinged 14 druid can sow a 60 who already cast a higher level and faster run speed version.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:48 AM
Planar Protector

Actually buffs dont stack here like they did in classic. Let's say your buff stack is this

[empty]
[empty]
[see invis]
[skin like nature]
[SoW]

in classic if you were to refresh your SoW it would goto the top slot, NOT refresh the slot its currently in, so it would look like this

[SoW]
[empty]
[see invis]
[skin like nature]
[empty]

as far as a lower level sow overwriting the sow sword, not sure but the buff stacking mechanics do not work here like they did in classic. ive reported this before but nothing came of it. I do agree that a higher level sow whether it be from a caster or an item should not be overridden by a lower level SoW.

source for buff stacking mechanics, memory of having to always reapply junk buffs before rebuffing. i also confirmed it on eqmac before it went down.
Last edited by SamwiseRed; 03-21-2014 at 07:50 AM..
Old 03-21-2014, 07:57 AM
Banned

ah I see, yeah I never noticed or remembered how it worked on live. I just know how it works here, I mean if they were to fix it to add it to the first open slot that isn't a big deal I can fix that. But I just don't like being sowed by a lower level druid(doesn't happen often to be quite honest) but its just one of those bugs that can be annoying when it does.