Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 08:52 PM
Planar Protector

I got to level 30 before I realized I had accidentally made my iksar shaman female. I did not re-roll.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:10 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got to level 30 before I realized I had accidentally made my iksar shaman female. I did not re-roll.
What, you mean that female characters have a penalty ?? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Catastilye - Gnome Necro - 4
Sabany - Half-Elf Warrior - 8 - < Auld Lang Syne >
Aaemo - Erudite Shadow Knight - 6 - < Auld Lang Syne >
Borbama - Troll Shaman - 2
Keibrariza - Iksar Warrior - 4 < Auld Lang Syne >
Old 07-28-2017, 05:21 AM
Planar Protector

I think you made a mistake Freakish. Female iksars look way cooler than the male ones.

You're not really an iksar IRL, if you have to reroll your gender to be accurate you should have rerolled your race too. Unless you are a transpecial, in which case best of luck to you, 'iksar', and good luck in your surgery to have your nipples removed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 07-28-2017, 09:54 AM
Sarnak

At last, an iksar female in RL...

Looks a bit like a troll actually...
Catastilye - Gnome Necro - 4
Sabany - Half-Elf Warrior - 8 - < Auld Lang Syne >
Aaemo - Erudite Shadow Knight - 6 - < Auld Lang Syne >
Borbama - Troll Shaman - 2
Keibrariza - Iksar Warrior - 4 < Auld Lang Syne >
Old 07-30-2017, 01:30 PM
Banned

That pic shoots me back to 2003
Old 08-01-2017, 11:10 PM
Banned

an insane amount of dumb opinions in this thread

if you care enough to make a thread asking, then you should reroll iksar and put points into stamina if you do not expect to be decked out in velious raid loot

anyone who says that 20 stamina or iksar race bonses are irrelevant is probably an irrelevant player who does not pull or tank on a monk aka where monk excels and stats matter

the true min/max is dex for faster avatar procs or charisma because every single other stat will be maxed with top tier gear anyway
Last edited by KEWLGET; 08-01-2017 at 11:12 PM..
Old 08-02-2017, 07:10 AM
Planar Protector

Cool story bro
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-02-2017, 12:05 PM
Fire Giant

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEWLGET [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

is probably an irrelevant player

Old 08-02-2017, 04:16 PM
Fire Giant

I would re-roll iksar for the regeneration. It's not as huge 1-50 but really makes a difference post 50 and post 55.

I have a 60 human monk that was created before velious and around level 20. I decided not to 'waste my time' rerolling b/c it took me forever to get to 20. That was before I had more established toons, more guildie buddies, and more plat to twink shit out.

After level 20 it was more excuses, I now have jboots to hard to recamp, I now have planar armor, or finished a sky quest or two... I was in too deep. When Velious came out I decided I have to stop the madness, I wouldn't put any additional time into a punk ass human. I created iksar and it's brutal b/c I still don't have level 60 (only 57) I don't have 41% haste (like my human does) and but I have gotten some really good velious items for my new monk and at 57 he's sitting at 2300 hp unbuffed.

I also had to spend a lot of time doing things like jboots, peggy cloak for levi, getting keys and faction but the character is fun and I'm glad I have this iksar monk over maybe twinking out a diff char like a ranger or something. I already have a bunch of characters and some of them underperform so why make another instead of re-rolling. Also I know people who have re-rolled from iksar to human? or they had an iksar and human b/c they had one monk for naggy/vox then decided to level up a different one. to each their own.

I.M.O. Ring 10 is an extremely rare epic-ish item in P99 and Velious so I always thought how frustrated it would be to almost have a free 10th ring worth of regen simply because of the race I chose.

So 1) do what you want, 2) decide if a newer/better monk is better than an alt. It's fun to have diversity like a melee+caster or tank and healer whatever, 3) if it's only stats i wouldn't reroll 4) if you want iksar do it.
Last edited by mefdinkins; 08-02-2017 at 04:26 PM..
Old 08-03-2017, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

The only reason to consider re-rolling is if you want iksar race for regen and innate ac. Both are incredibly nice for monks. As far as stats go? I'll stand by my assertion that you won't see a functional difference between a human monk who went max stam, max str, max intelligence, max wisdom, max agility, max dexterity, or max charisma in the long run.

Low end actually favors str.

High end favors stamina.

Ultra-high end favors anything you can't easily cap with BIS gear + buffs.

As a realist I acknowledge that stats mean very little (functionally) at the high end. Yes, some choices are better than others. Yes, some choices are stupid. At the end of the day +20 to any given yields very little difference and makes/breaks nothing.

:braces_himself_for_min/max_eq_rage

Regardless, stats do not warrant repeating levels 1-35. Race choice? That's the only reason to reroll. Iksar monk > human monk. Having said that, I chose human monk because I prefer the look.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Closed Thread