Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 10:37 AM
Sarnak

Btw, even though you had 8 characters they will all still be playable. It states in the FAQ that all characters created before February 29, 2012 (when it went free to play) will still be playable by the account. Just know that if you decide to delete one and make a a new character you will be unable to unless you go Gold. You should have Silver status membership since you used to pay for the game (that is what I got at least) which is a little better than a free account.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bantam 1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its all relative... its only a demi god in low level content....

What you said is like me saying p99 sucks because a lvl 60 ran into CB and killed the Emp....

Fricken demi god 60's and their fungi tunics...

Burn it all down...

(I don't like EQ live.. but this is really silly hate)
The difference is that emperor crush is a lowly orc, when a player runs in and oneshots innoruuk the god of hate, something is wrong. I personally think they fucked it up when they made GODS, CREATORS OF THE RACES one shot kills only visited for nostalgia.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:41 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamewraith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The difference is that emperor crush is a lowly orc, when a player runs in and oneshots innoruuk the god of hate, something is wrong. I personally think they fucked it up when they made GODS, CREATORS OF THE RACES one shot kills only visited for nostalgia.
Yup, game is pretty much shit now. I log in every now and then just to mess around on my old characters but that is about it.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

So if I started in 1999 I can log in and have all my levels, AA, gear? I'm sort of curious to see my char again after so long... I quit finally during Underfoot, but was already with low playtime and falling behind.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:45 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamewraith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Context is everything. It matters. But this is what happens when a business perogative (the need to continually create new content for expansions to sell to keep players playing to provide people with jobs) takes precedence over what is actually good for a game.

EverQuest should have ended after the Sleeper was woken. Let the world continue but the world story arc is essentially finished. So here we are waiting for Winter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-30-2013, 10:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So if I started in 1999 I can log in and have all my levels, AA, gear? I'm sort of curious to see my char again after so long... I quit finally during Underfoot, but was already with low playtime and falling behind.
As far as I know yeah. I created my account in '99 and played to PoP and my account was still there. And all characters should be playable even if you are only free account since they were made before 2012. You should have a silver account at least though as I believe they upgraded every old account to silver since we all used to pay for the game. Just don't delete any characters cause silver accounts can only have 4 characters and free can only have 2 so you will be screwed.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
You're only killing aspects of them in the planes. I think House of Thule contains the first real demise of a god.

Also, a dude.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:57 AM
Sarnak

I play from time to time on there (mostly because my RL friends actually play there for fun, if you can believe that). But yeah, as stated earlier, the game doesn't really start until about lvl 80 or so. 85 is when you really start seeing groups now since unless you are gold, the mercs really suck at those levels (basically because mobs hit hard as shit then). I don't like it a lot, but it's ok to mess around with since it is free.

Oh yeah, now is a good time to mess with it cause the Hardcore Heritage is going on. Basically, they make a few zones tuned to higher levels. For example, I think right now Lguk and maybe Unrest are tuned to about lvl 70ish and they drop certain gear turn in stuff that can only drop during the time of year when this event is going on. The next zones will be Crushbone and another for around lvl 85/90 or something. And after that they will have 2 zones that they haven't announced yet. Here is info on it if anybody is actually interested: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/i...ritage.201208/
Old 07-30-2013, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

Yah, I think its like when Isildur kill Sauron... he just killed his body... so he came back. When you are downing gods you are just killing an avatar so to speak.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:08 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yah, I think its like when Isildur kill Sauron... he just killed his body... so he came back. When you are downing gods you are just killing an avatar so to speak.
It still doesn't make it okay that a single mortal jumps into the plane, wades through hundreds of minions and slaughters the avatar of a god in his own plane in 20 minutes without breaking sweat. They should have scaled the planes to expansion, or taken them out all together when they became soloable.
Closed Thread